Any tips for someone who's starting multiplayer today?

#1TheProdigal713Posted 2/6/2013 3:12:25 PM
Hey you FAQers. I rented ME3 last year and beat the hell out of single player, but didn't have an online pass, so I didn't get to try multiplayer. I just picked this up for 30 dollars as well as a new headset. I'm downloading all the free DLC at the moment and wanted to check in here while I got time.

I hear the MP is really fun, looking forward to playing, but are there any tips on starting out? Or player etiquette/ what not to do? Any feedback would be great and I'll leave my GT if anybody wants to party up. Thanks in advance!

GT- StocktonSlap
---
I wear a lot of Axe body spray, but I live in a black neighborhood. Over there, they call it Ask body spray. If you don't get that joke, then you're not racist.
#2JetblackmoonPosted 2/6/2013 3:17:24 PM
- Start on Bronze and stay near your team. Buy Recruit Packs after each game until you max out your Katana, Mantis, Shuriken, Avenger and Predator, which are the default weapons. (Each weapon maxes out at level 10, or X.)

- Help with objectives. If there's a hacking objective, make sure you get there as soon as you can to help your team defend the area.

- Learn which enemies are the most threatening, and learn to prioritize targets. There's four different enemy factions, and each one has key units that you need to watch out for.

- Don't forget about your D-Pad consumables, but don't be too hasty in using them. Don't Medi-Gel if there's a teammate close by that can revive you. Likewise, don't bother Medi-Geling if there's only a few enemies left in the wave, as your team more then likely can finish them off.

- Try to revive teammates when you can. It's not always possible, but taking a gun out of the fight makes the rest of the wave that much more difficult for everyone.

Just a few tips off the top of my head. Hope you like multiplayer.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#3Spartan070Posted 2/6/2013 3:18:16 PM
Assist in the objectives, revive teamates when possible. Play Bronze until you have upgraded characters and weapons. It's all co-operative with no friendly fire so just stick with the squad all you'll do fine.

Don't be afraid to experiment with weapons, characters and abilities, there are no "default builds" for characters. Have fun with it.
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#4TimeShinigamiPosted 2/6/2013 3:19:31 PM
I started by maxing the Human Adept and Engineer on bronze, then playing Silver until I had better kits. Once you earn the Krogan Vanguard or anyone with a flamethrower (Geth Soldier, any Vorcha) you can make tons of cash quick and buy packs specifically for better guns or kits.
---
At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn both go into the same box...
#5DividerByZeroPosted 2/6/2013 3:19:55 PM
You can add some people from here. They can help you out with the basics.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#6Spartan070Posted 2/6/2013 3:20:05 PM
lol'd at your GT btw, feel free to add me, sig*
---
#7TheProdigal713(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:20:14 PM
Thanks for the response bud. Also, didn't see the topic on the front page until now, so I don't expect a lot of responses here. Thanks, regardless! I'm sure I'll enjoy multiplayer, love ME3 and I love wave survival.
---
I wear a lot of Axe body spray, but I live in a black neighborhood. Over there, they call it Ask body spray. If you don't get that joke, then you're not racist.
#8Spartan070Posted 2/6/2013 3:21:59 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
I started by maxing the Human Adept and Engineer on bronze, then playing Silver until I had better kits. Once you earn the Krogan Vanguard or anyone with a flamethrower (Geth Soldier, any Vorcha) you can make tons of cash quick and buy packs specifically for better guns or kits.

Really wish the Vorcha Engineer had Flamer instead of Incinerate, damn the tech explosions I want to flame the netted'!
---
#9TheProdigal713(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:22:00 PM
Spartan070 posted...
lol'd at your GT btw, feel free to add me, sig*

Thanks man, Nick Diaz fan? I'll add you. And thanks to everybody else, all sounds like good advice.
---
#10TimeShinigamiPosted 2/6/2013 3:23:22 PM
Btw, I tend to play all night on my days off, so anytime around 8EST and after, send me an invite and Ill be happy to help. GT:Piferm01
---
At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn both go into the same box...