is the reserves pack the best pack to obtain an n7 shadow or the spectre pack?

#1blutoblutarskyXPosted 2/7/2013 10:20:43 AM
ive bought a few of each and the only time I seem to have gotten n7s (the engineer version and the vanguard ones- which I don't use) is in the spectre packs.
#2terrysmay04Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:20 AM
Reserve has a slightly higher chance of unlocking characters you don't already have.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#3bessy67Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:37 AM
Yeah, reserve packs are probably your best bet. If you want to increase your chances, save up enough credits for a couple packs, then quit out of the game and delete all the DLCs except for Earth. Go back into the game and buy reserve packs, and you should only get stuff that originally shipped with the game and from the Earth DLC.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4Nacht004Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:58 AM
In theory the Reserves pack should be better, since its more likely to guarantee a character than a weapon - I heard something about the last hot patch breaking something with regards to the packs though.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#5bloodgod92Posted 2/7/2013 10:24:21 AM
You will get more packs if you bu spectre packs, but you will probably just get more crap in them.

The best way to get characters that are not base human is to buy the character card packs.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#6blutoblutarskyX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:16:44 AM
ill keep buying then, thanks.

if I delete the patches wont that kill my existing chars from the other patches and downloads that I already got?
#7bessy67Posted 2/7/2013 11:17:34 AM
blutoblutarskyX posted...

if I delete the patches wont that kill my existing chars from the other patches and downloads that I already got?

Nope, your unlocks are stored on the server. So if you delete a DLC and then reinstall it you'll still have everything you've already unlocked.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#8bloodgod92Posted 2/7/2013 11:18:06 AM
blutoblutarskyX posted...

You wont be able to use them but they will still be unlocked on your manifest so when you re-install them you can use them again.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#9blutoblutarskyX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:20:35 AM
cool- thanks.

I pretty much use humans anyway, but it would be a shame to lose them. and many unlocks are human even if I don't use those much (Cerberus).
#10NefhithPosted 2/7/2013 12:07:09 PM
Definitely yes.

I screamed like a little girl when on a single reserves pack I got my N7 Shadow and N7 Fury I wanted since I started playing.