Engineer Mini-Guide 1: Geth Engineer

#71WatermelonFarts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:52:23 AM
I get fire explosions consistently with my flamethrower turret. I wouldn't lie about that in a post to help people learn how to play a character.
---
WatermelonFarts Fan Club President: SomboSteel
ask him if you want to join!!! <3
#72bloodgod92Posted 2/10/2013 11:56:43 AM
mech gouki posted...
I'm going to say this. The flamethrower giving fire explosions is a flat out lie. For both the Sentry Turret and the Geth Turret.

IT DOESN'T WORK. Most of the time anyway. I counted like one out of ten overloads on someone attacked by the flamethrower is a fire explosions.

There's probably some secret criteria, like the enemy has to be in armor. I've managed to get fire explosions off a Dragoon, but never on an Atlas down to its armor though. Or maybe it has something to do with the timing of the flame.

Bottomline, it doesn't work all the time. If someone has a way of making sure the priming of the flame thrower works, please do tell.

I specifically specced my Geth Turret to be an offense machine. It's not bad and all. But I still preferred it as a healer. I wouldn't have mind setting it as full offense, if the Fire Explosion priming worked a little more reliably.

Combos, whether set up by you, someone else or a "pet" (turrets/drones) are not always 100% guaranteed to work... using incendiary ammo III on solo gold (it failed) with Vanguard using AoE charge was hardly setting off the primed targets... even when they were the target I charged rather than being caught in the radius. The occasional fire explosion is better than no fire explosion...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#73mech goukiPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:30 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
I get fire explosions consistently with my flamethrower turret. I wouldn't lie about that in a post to help people learn how to play a character.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. Not saying you are a liar.

But you are not the first person who made that claim, and I am telling you, it is not 100% true.

It is not entirely false either. The Flamethrower CAN prime fire explosions, just that that there are some requirements.

I just tested on a solo play. The priming WILL NOT work on Shielded or Barriered enemies. It will only work on Armor and Health.

It also has no prime duration. So you have to do it when the flame is on. If you do it while the enemy is panicking, it has no effect. It also has to be the start of the spewing. If you wait until it is about to end, chances are, it won't work.
---
http://cyberakuma.livejournal.com/ - Shining Blade Translations
http://cyberakumamechgouki.blogspot.com/ - Skip Beat! PS2 story
#74WatermelonFarts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:29:04 PM
mech gouki posted...

But you are not the first person who made that claim, and I am telling you, it is not 100% true.

It is not entirely false either. The Flamethrower CAN prime fire explosions, just that that there are some requirements.

I just tested on a solo play. The priming WILL NOT work on Shielded or Barriered enemies. It will only work on Armor and Health.

It also has no prime duration. So you have to do it when the flame is on. If you do it while the enemy is panicking, it has no effect. It also has to be the start of the spewing. If you wait until it is about to end, chances are, it won't work.

This is common knowledge with all fire explosions...
---
#75mech goukiPosted 2/10/2013 12:29:24 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
Combos, whether set up by you, someone else or a "pet" (turrets/drones) are not always 100% guaranteed to work... using incendiary ammo III on solo gold (it failed) with Vanguard using AoE charge was hardly setting off the primed targets... even when they were the target I charged rather than being caught in the radius. The occasional fire explosion is better than no fire explosion...

Yeah, I just learned that the hard way.

The Flamethrower is not much better than incendiary ammo if it doesn't work on shields.

The Flamethrower doesn't suck, and I like it on my Quarian's Sentry turret. But if you use it for priming, the effect is not consistent, so not recommended to rely heavily on.

For the Geth Turret, I still think I'm better off with a healing outpost though.

If I want the Fire Explosion Prime that much, I'll use the Sentry Turret.
---
#76mech goukiPosted 2/10/2013 12:30:44 PM
mech gouki posted...

This is common knowledge with all fire explosions...

Correct me if I am wrong then. If you use Carnage, Incinerate, Inferno Grenades etc, you can still prime Shielded enemies.
---
#77WatermelonFarts(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:44:49 PM
i meant that it's a common property with all non-skill fire explosions

as in geth turret flamethrower, incendiary ammo, sentry turret flamethrower
---