Rate the Weapon Day 7: Viper

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Rate the Weapon Day 7: Viper
4 years ago#21
Bump lets get some more votes. 60 is a poor sample size in comparison to the other polls.
4 years ago#22
Bump again. At approx 70. Lets get as close to 100 as possible
4 years ago#23
It can still be useful of something that can boost RoF.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
4 years ago#24
Viper vs Raptor

Burst DPS: 426.07 716.67
Reload-cancelled DPS: 402.58 632.35

Hint: Viper is the lower number.

I guess the real reason people don't like the raptor is that it's semi-auto.
4 years ago#25
code_kirin posted...
Viper vs Raptor

Burst DPS: 426.07 716.67
Reload-cancelled DPS: 402.58 632.35

Hint: Viper is the lower number.

I guess the real reason people don't like the raptor is that it's semi-auto.

The Viper is easier on the fingers and it works somewhat well for headshots, while giving you back up shots in case you miss.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
4 years ago#26
Zubul posted...
5/10

A lightweight weapon, but can't two shot kill infantry consistently on Gold. A Viper X is easy to obtain, but is easily outclassed by guns such as the Incisor and even the Raptor. On a Marksman, it could be viable. I'll have to try that....

Lightweight snipers are overrated. If you're a caster, you should be using an AR,,SMG, or a pistol imbued with ammo bonuses to supplement your powers. A sniper just forces you to scope when you should be positioning yourself for sending a barrage of powers.

looking through the scope extends the lock on range of your powers and the viper is the lightest gun with a long range scope. Just thought I'd throw that out as people seam to forget it.
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
4 years ago#27
It's an alright gun starting out. It's in the lightest tier of sniper rifle, has acceptable fire rate and six shots, and a decent ammo supply. It was good when I started out since I liked having more than one shot per clip, and it didn't weigh too much so I could still use it on power classes.

Problem is, it's completely outclassed by the Indra, which is in the same weight class, has the multi-shot "screw shield gate" thing going on, and has much better DPS.

That and its damage is just depressing.

5/10, but I'm probably being a bit generous.
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
4 years ago#28
I gave it a 4, with a Mantis I can have a great game but with this I struggle. I do prefer my one shot sniper rifles though so that might be why.

Also in my opinion the Mantis is a better sniper than all of the uncommon weapons.
GT: Miller Rodge
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Rate the Weapon Day 7: Viper

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived