Rate the Weapon Day 7: Viper

#21SomboSteelPosted 2/7/2013 8:04:58 PM
Bump lets get some more votes. 60 is a poor sample size in comparison to the other polls.
#22SomboSteelPosted 2/7/2013 9:46:55 PM
Bump again. At approx 70. Lets get as close to 100 as possible
#23Halo_ForeverPosted 2/8/2013 12:16:52 AM
It can still be useful of something that can boost RoF.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#24code_kirinPosted 2/8/2013 12:42:48 AM
Viper vs Raptor

Burst DPS: 426.07 716.67
Reload-cancelled DPS: 402.58 632.35

Hint: Viper is the lower number.

I guess the real reason people don't like the raptor is that it's semi-auto.
#25Halo_ForeverPosted 2/8/2013 12:57:38 AM
code_kirin posted...
Viper vs Raptor

Burst DPS: 426.07 716.67
Reload-cancelled DPS: 402.58 632.35

Hint: Viper is the lower number.

I guess the real reason people don't like the raptor is that it's semi-auto.

The Viper is easier on the fingers and it works somewhat well for headshots, while giving you back up shots in case you miss.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#26ghosta2Posted 2/8/2013 1:13:53 AM
Zubul posted...
5/10

A lightweight weapon, but can't two shot kill infantry consistently on Gold. A Viper X is easy to obtain, but is easily outclassed by guns such as the Incisor and even the Raptor. On a Marksman, it could be viable. I'll have to try that....

Lightweight snipers are overrated. If you're a caster, you should be using an AR,,SMG, or a pistol imbued with ammo bonuses to supplement your powers. A sniper just forces you to scope when you should be positioning yourself for sending a barrage of powers.

looking through the scope extends the lock on range of your powers and the viper is the lightest gun with a long range scope. Just thought I'd throw that out as people seam to forget it.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#27MasterVashPosted 2/8/2013 1:26:18 AM
It's an alright gun starting out. It's in the lightest tier of sniper rifle, has acceptable fire rate and six shots, and a decent ammo supply. It was good when I started out since I liked having more than one shot per clip, and it didn't weigh too much so I could still use it on power classes.

Problem is, it's completely outclassed by the Indra, which is in the same weight class, has the multi-shot "screw shield gate" thing going on, and has much better DPS.

That and its damage is just depressing.

5/10, but I'm probably being a bit generous.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#28MightyMillersPosted 2/8/2013 1:43:12 AM
I gave it a 4, with a Mantis I can have a great game but with this I struggle. I do prefer my one shot sniper rifles though so that might be why.

Also in my opinion the Mantis is a better sniper than all of the uncommon weapons.
---
GT: Miller Rodge