Just started liking the Volus for MP

#18bitPunkPosted 2/7/2013 6:37:10 PM
Was rocking out with the Volus Adept in some Silver PuG's, really enjoying the support/disable character, then the servers go down.

I may just go Havok Punching around the map next time I play a game.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
#2ZubulPosted 2/7/2013 7:24:15 PM
Servers are up, I believe. It may be a problem with your connection.

I appreciate a Volus on my team, but I think they usually slow the game considerably. Lack of pure killing ability coupled with powers that advocate camping (Recon Mine, Shield Boost,.Combat Drone, etc.) make 20 minute matches into 30 minute matches.
---
Tom Brady for NFL MVP! // GT: I Am Torx
Formerly known as Random_Guy93
#3perfect_generalPosted 2/7/2013 7:27:22 PM
Depends on the volus. The engineer can certainly hold his own offensively.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#4ZubulPosted 2/7/2013 7:59:15 PM
perfect_general posted...
Depends on the volus. The engineer can certainly hold his own offensively.

Agreed, but a Drell Assassin (Recon Mine) or a Turian Soldier (Proximity Mine) can do all he does better.

Proximity Mine + Recon Mine (I think that's what they're called..) make a fantastic debuff, but require a somewhat low cooldowm rate to use effectively, forcing the Engineer to use weak weapons. To pull off the debuff to it's full extent, he needs to use light weapons. For the most part, light weapons are weak weapons.

Even with heavy weapons, he's not that great offensively because he can't take cover, making all guns quite inaccurate. Along with reduced accuracy, he misses out on optimal firing corridors because of his height.
---
Tom Brady for NFL MVP! // GT: I Am Torx
Peace be upon you.