Phoenix Vanguard: Bonus power on charge

#21NafzgerPosted 2/8/2013 6:03:05 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
still not really comparable to the shield restore though, because for every time you get 7-8 in a row you will have twice as many where you get nothing.

It's actually really easy to get multiple charges in a row. I've had games where I only got four or five cooldown periods.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#22code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:32:16 PM
Rise from the ashes, BP Phoenix!
#23ZubulPosted 2/12/2013 2:41:22 PM
With the new balance changes, I think the Phoenix Vanguard became legitimate. Consistent 3000 damage Smashes are nothing to laugh at.
---
Tom Brady for NFL MVP! // GT: I Am Torx
Peace be upon you.
#24Nacht004Posted 2/12/2013 2:43:59 PM
Zubul posted...
With the new balance changes, I think the Phoenix Vanguard became legitimate. Consistent 3000 damage Smashes are nothing to laugh at.

Definitely makes him more viable than before. The barriers is still better in every other character kit instance but he might be the oddball out that could prefer it for that Charge -> Smash combo...
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#25invidoverlordPosted 2/12/2013 2:48:45 PM
i only use charge when i have to to survive, charge-aoe stun from charge-RUN AWAY TO COVER......then spam the heck out of smash while they run towards me, rinse repeat
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#26sheepman23Posted 2/12/2013 4:37:09 PM(edited)
Due to today's balance changes, I'm going to be giving the Bonus Power evolution of Charge a try on the Phoenix Vanguard. Having a 50% chance of getting to pull off a really powerful Smash seems too good to resist...
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#27SRR CapdownPosted 2/12/2013 4:39:17 PM(edited)
I hope Busterwolf sees this topic and posts his build and thoughts, cause I've seen him absolutely wreck with it. I think Sheepman might have witnessed it too.

I've tried multiple builds though and he always seems underwhelming.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#28sheepman23Posted 2/12/2013 6:54:29 PM
SRR Capdown posted...
I hope Busterwolf sees this topic and posts his build and thoughts, cause I've seen him absolutely wreck with it. I think Sheepman might have witnessed it too.

I've tried multiple builds though and he always seems underwhelming.

I do recall seeing some GFAQs member destroying everything with the Phoenix Vanguard... it might've been him.

I just tried him with the 50% chance of a bonus power, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. He's still an extremely high-risk high-reward character (and I was admittedly going down a lot more than I should have), but it's really nice to stagger a Dragoon with Charge and then instantly follow it up with a killer Smash.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#29code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:44:04 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping my Phoenix with bonus power. It may not be reliable, but when you get off that instant smash combo, it's soo worth it.

I'm hoping down the line they end up buffing the Phoenixes. Maybe DR during Smash or something. For now, I feel cerbguard has finally earned his place in my roster. I can even use him off host, unlike some laggy N7 vanguard I know.