Just finished Extended ending playthrough (spoilers)

#1mrklarrydPosted 2/8/2013 1:41:55 AM
Leviathan DLC in the playthrough as well.

Enjoyed it. Not the greatest ending ever. Thematically it still doesn't work for me. One addition in particular was ludicrous (hey Normandy crew, why don't you fly 30 feet away from Harbinger to pick up X and Y...you know...no danger in the other 30 of you getting killed when you taxi 2 soldiers at point blank firing range from the enemy Capital Ship). But the rest of it was far less abrupt than the retail version. Hell, Leviathan alone corrected a lot of issues I had with the resolution.

If it had shipped this way (and with Leviathan), I don't think Bioware would have experienced the blowback they ultimately did.

Anyways, that's my $ .02.

inb4csb
#2SageOfLifePosted 2/8/2013 1:44:48 AM
There are two possible reasons why Harbinger didn't attack the Normandy. One is that EDI flat out mentions earlier that she's screwing with the Reapers via her cyberwarfare suits and the Reaper IFF. Alternately, Harbinger is simply prioritizing everyone who's actually trying to get to the point that could win them the war as opposed to the ship that's not making any aggressive movements.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#3ozzyman314Posted 2/8/2013 1:51:04 AM
Yeah the whole Normandy fly in scene was a bit weird and completely out of place. But better that then magical teleporting squaddies.

Everything else they added was great.

They should have had Leviathan in the game originally, even that would have stopped alot of backlash. It actually makes the catalyst relevant and not out of left field, which I think was the biggest complaint.
---
Loading Signature..........
#4LilyxLightningPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:07 AM
Stealth systems. Reaper IFF.

Ignorant ending whiners are still ignorant.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:10 AM
LilyxLightning posted...

Stealth systems......

Stealth systems does not make you invisible. Looks like you're the one that's ignorant of the lore.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6SageOfLifePosted 2/8/2013 6:41:11 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Stealth systems......

Stealth systems does not make you invisible. Looks like you're the one that's ignorant of the lore.

Can Reapers even see the way we can?
---
I am the lizard queen!
#7Carribean_CoolPosted 2/8/2013 6:54:51 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Stealth systems......

They're not shooting blind
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#8Creona_Posted 2/8/2013 8:17:07 AM
They fixed a lot of the little nitpicky things, but it still doesn't change the terrible ending and doesn't make all the choices from the entire series seem worthless. Just so many things wrong with this entire game...
---
GT- Creona
PSN- Creona
#9ZERO2936Posted 2/8/2013 8:18:44 AM(edited)
The Normandy evac scene is the worst scene in the entire Mass Effect series, or at least the stupidest.
#10SageOfLifePosted 2/8/2013 8:21:06 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
SageOfLife posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Stealth systems......

They're not shooting blind

Neither does any other ship. But we know thanks to a certain lecture that they don't use their eyes.
---
I am the lizard queen!