Just finished Extended ending playthrough (spoilers)

#11chill 02Posted 2/8/2013 7:24:20 AM
ZERO2936 posted...
The Normandy evac scene is the worst scene in the entire Mass Effect series, or at least the stupidest.

Any scene with Kai Leng would beg to differ.
---
I should go.
#12Damiand77Posted 2/8/2013 7:25:27 AM
Good for you.
*rubs belly of poster*
#13ZERO2936Posted 2/8/2013 7:40:30 AM
chill 02 posted...
ZERO2936 posted...
The Normandy evac scene is the worst scene in the entire Mass Effect series, or at least the stupidest.

Any scene with Kai Leng would beg to differ.

I'll admit, it's close, but the Normandy evac scene is worse if you ask me.
#14mrklarryd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:19:30 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
Stealth systems. Reaper IFF.

Ignorant ending whiners are still ignorant.

Lol.

Riddle me this, then, Mister Enlightenment:

considering Harbinger was targeting individual soldiers (as in, any one single organic being anywhere near it), why would it stop targeting 3 of them while they stand still in front of this "invisible ship," destroying the ship in the process? Are they not a higher value target than targets the reaper has already prioritized?

And if the reaper IFF functioned as you're insinuating (the Reaper did not target the Normandy at point blank range because it mistook them for a Reaper), why would
a) the Stealth systems be necessary?
b) Reapers chase the Normandy around star systems when it's doing a little friendly Reaper reconnaisance?
c) the Collector ship have attacked the Normandy at all?

Love how the most ignorant among us are the first to allege ignorance.
#15SageOfLifePosted 2/9/2013 12:54:01 AM
mrklarryd posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Lol.

considering Harbinger was targeting individual soldiers (as in, any one single organic being anywhere near it), why would it stop targeting 3 of them while they stand still in front of this "invisible ship," destroying the ship in the process? Are they not a higher value target than targets the reaper has already prioritized?

And if the reaper IFF functioned as you're insinuating (the Reaper did not target the Normandy at point blank range because it mistook them for a Reaper), why would
b) Reapers chase the Normandy around star systems when it's doing a little friendly Reaper reconnaisance?

Even one soldier could have ended the war if s/he got to the conduit. That was more likely to happen if Harbinger took the time to destroy a ship that was making no aggressive movements.

a) Better safe than sorry. Plus you still need to hide from Cerberus ships.
b) The signal you use to scan planets contradicts the IFF, alerting the Reapers to your true allegiance.
c) EDI wasn't combining the Reaper IFF with her cyberwarfare suit at the time.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#16Wii0playerPosted 2/9/2013 5:25:03 AM
SageOfLife posted...
mrklarryd posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Lol.

Even one soldier could have ended the war if s/he got to the conduit. That was more likely to happen if Harbinger took the time to destroy a ship that was making no aggressive movements.

b) The signal you use to scan planets contradicts the IFF, alerting the Reapers to your true allegiance.

The first thing you said sounds incredibly dumb doesn't it. If Harbringer knew that even one soldier could end the war by making it to the beam, why didn't he just blow it up?
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#17SageOfLifePosted 2/9/2013 6:20:05 AM
Wii0player posted...
SageOfLife posted...
mrklarryd posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Lol.

The first thing you said sounds incredibly dumb doesn't it. If Harbringer knew that even one soldier could end the war by making it to the beam, why didn't he just blow it up?

Because it was still the easiest way to transport the humans they were planning to make the new Reaper with.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#18orangeneePosted 2/9/2013 9:19:46 AM
Not again......

Oh and why anyone bothers with Lily still is as much of a mystery as to why Kai Leng was supposed to be such a bad ass. He runs once, cheats the next and then gets his ass handed to him.

As for Harby ignoring the Normandy well it's my interpretation that the IFF and stealth system combined either made Harby think another reaper was helping out or the Normandy/EDI blinded him as only a Reaper or any non-organic sensory equipment can.

I'm not entirely sure how they pick up organics though......heartbeat sensor.....infrared......electromagnetic fields.......DNA? No clue. I know they don't see as we do.

Or of course he decided to get it later and deal with the more immediate threat. You have to have noticed the Normandy broke through the entire Reaper fleet to get to Earth as it is.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#19Tbx66Posted 2/9/2013 9:22:29 AM
with from Ashes, Leviathan and Ec no doubt things would have been a lot better. We'd still complain about small things. You know like choices, plot holes etc.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#20LilyxLightningPosted 2/9/2013 9:23:36 AM
mrklarryd posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Lol.

1. Care to elaborate how Harbinger was "targeting individual soldiers" and not simply blasting away at the forces on the ground?

2. The stealth systems were present on the Normandy prior to the Reaper IFF.

3. The Reapers detect the Normandy's scanning pulses; hence why the Reaper awareness meter increases ONLY when you scan.

4. There's only one time when the Collectors confront the Normandy while the IFF is working properly, and that's when the Normandy enters the galatic core. Because a Reaper would just pop out of nowhere to chill out in the galatic core, right?

It's almost as if the idiots who didn't pay an iota of attention during ANY of the games are so desperate to believe that there's no explanation that they're not going to bother seeing if there is indeed an explanation.
---
Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.