Just finished Extended ending playthrough (spoilers)

#31SageOfLifePosted 2/9/2013 3:17:51 PM
mjc0961 posted...
SageOfLife posted...
Even one soldier could have ended the war if s/he got to the conduit. That was more likely to happen if Harbinger took the time to destroy a ship that was making no aggressive movements.

Except even one soldier could NOT have ended the war if they got to the conduit. You seem to forget that an indoctrinated Illusive Man was there to stop them, and if not, Starchild was rather adamant about Shepard being special. In other words, he wasn't going to give control over to some random ass soldier even if one did manage to get there.

So no, you have failed. Killing Shepard = ending the war. Shepard was a sitting duck during the pick-up scene. Harbinger should have targeted Shepard and the Normandy above all else.

edgecrusher02 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
LilyxLightning posted...
Stealth systems. Reaper IFF.

Ignorant ending whiners are still ignorant.

Nope, because then this opens up the plothole of why the entire ground mission on Earth was necessary. If the stealth systems and reaper IFF actually work to keep the Normandy hidden, they could have just stuck Shepard in a shuttle, flew the Normandy to the beam, and launched the shuttle straight into beam and got the Normandy out before the Reapers even knew what the hell was going on.

Looks like you're the one who's ignorant.

this is something i have always wondered about as well. the normandy evac scene suggests just this since they werent detected. but this is FAR from the first time things like this happen in a story so that there can be an epic final battle or something for the sake of the story so i let it slide.

Not being upset about it because you wanted that final battle is perfectly fine, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a massive plothole.

Someone could have found a way to deal with the Illusive Man. Plus the whole reason the Catalyst says Shepard is special was because Shepard is the one who made it there. If someone else had the same would have applied to them. And if either of those things had been an issue, Harbinger wouldn't have come down and started blasting in the first place.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#32mrklarryd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:19:02 PM
orangenee posted...
Not again......

Oh and why anyone bothers with Lily still is as much of a mystery as to why Kai Leng was supposed to be such a bad ass.

Resident troll I take it? Should have known by the screenname. Second response was worse than the first, but I'll take your advice and ignore it.
#33SageOfLifePosted 2/9/2013 3:21:04 PM
mrklarryd posted...
orangenee posted...
Not again......

Oh and why anyone bothers with Lily still is as much of a mystery as to why Kai Leng was supposed to be such a bad ass.

Resident troll I take it? Should have known by the screenname. Second response was worse than the first, but I'll take your advice and ignore it.

She randomly appeared a couple months ago to make things up about the ending and insult anyone who objects to them.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#34SinisterSamuraiPosted 2/9/2013 3:59:53 PM
If reapers don't have conventional optics then what was the rannoch reaper targeting during the boss fight and cut scene? Shepard's radar signature?
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#35SageOfLifePosted 2/9/2013 4:07:16 PM
SinisterSamurai posted...
If reapers don't have conventional optics then what was the rannoch reaper targeting during the boss fight and cut scene? Shepard's radar signature?

Thermal, x-ray, probably a ton of other measurments I can't think of now.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#36BushidoEffect3Posted 2/10/2013 12:55:19 AM
whats the glitch again? I heard about it several times. If you have Leviathan installed with EC, some scenes go missing, or what?
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#37DividerByZeroPosted 2/10/2013 1:04:23 AM
SageOfLife posted...
mrklarryd posted...
orangenee posted...
Not again......

She randomly appeared a couple months ago to make things up about the ending and insult anyone who objects to them.

But not the people who bash the ending. She only insults the people who make one comment that isn't positive about it.

While I agree that people made a bigger fuss than they needed to, because it doesn't ruin all the fun you had over the course of the trilogy, I also acknowledge its flaws, which is another topic entirely, and I don't feel like posting it here anyway.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#38mrklarryd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:18:39 AM
DividerByZero posted...
SageOfLife posted...
mrklarryd posted...
orangenee posted...
Not again......

But not the people who bash the ending. She only insults the people who make one comment that isn't positive about it.

That's truly weird--though, if the screenname in question means what I think it means, I guess any weirdness imaginiable could and should have been expected by yours truly.

And it's not, in my opinion, that the retail version (no levaithan, no extended ending) ruined the series so much as it was like ending a beautiful Aria with a gong note. It was out of place in the composition.

The current version, while not perfect, was a Hell of a lot smoother for me, even if one short scene was obviously out of place. That's all I was trying to get at in my original post before accidentally sparking all this strangeness haha.
#39dsky9000Posted 2/10/2013 5:01:25 AM
LilyxLightning posted...

Literalist take things to seriusly it was stated the IFF will not make you invisiable in front of a reaper let along Harbinger.

Oh and the best explanation for the ending is indoctrination theoroy which if by looking at the tweets and there hidden messages it looks like it might be confirmed.Which means a good chance you refuse,control,and synthesis users are about to kill shepard in battle in a epilouge dlc well destroy users take by earth and get to fight harbinger.

And there is high amount of evidence to support IT through all 3 games and 0 evidence to support what is shown in a literal propective .
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#40SageOfLifePosted 2/10/2013 5:04:56 AM
dsky9000 posted...
LilyxLightning posted...

Literalist take things to seriusly it was stated the IFF will not make you invisiable in front of a reaper let along Harbinger.

Oh and the best explanation for the ending is indoctrination theoroy which if by looking at the tweets and there hidden messages it looks like it might be confirmed.Which means a good chance you refuse,control,and synthesis users are about to kill shepard in battle in a epilouge dlc well destroy users take by earth and get to fight harbinger.

And there is high amount of evidence to support IT through all 3 games and 0 evidence to support what is shown in a literal propective .

Again, it's not just the Reaper IFF anymore. EDI is fooling them by combining the IFF with her cyberwarfare suit. She outright explains this to Adams.
---
I am the lizard queen!