MP Level 20s First?

#1KADFCPosted 2/8/2013 3:12:16 PM
I've been wondering last night. I've been opening a few Recruit packs and I had a lot of these character EXP bonuses. If I level all 6 classes to 20, then started opening them, these EXP bonuses would all go away right?

I want to get better mods and level them up with Recruits... if that's possible. That's why I'm asking in the first place. Or are mods in Vets+ only?
#2CrusnikCainPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:57 PM
no the character cards don't go away after all lvl 20's
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#3GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/8/2013 3:14:11 PM
You still get them.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#4KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:26:56 PM
Boooo!

I thought my thinking would work, I guess not. I'm tired of opening Recruits with no mods in it and I haven't seen anything that I want for a while. I'm done with all basic weapons. Pretty sure Predator is a uncommon....

New question: What's the point in Promoting?

I know it gives you War Assets, but why do people actually do it? Because of Extended Cuts, there's little to no need for it, so why do it? Is it even apart of a challenge or something? I saw a guy yesterday with 210 promotions... why!?

If I'm playing, I don't see how it's fun to constantly level the same classes over and over again.

Also: If I have 3 people at in a class at level 20 and decided to promote it, the whole class (all 3 people) will be set to level 1 right?
#5DividerByZeroPosted 2/8/2013 3:29:01 PM
There are challenges for promotions, but most people keep doing it because it's more fun to level up a character.

Same reason why people keep prestiging in CoD, even when there are no real benefits.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#6Mr_PipboyPosted 2/8/2013 3:30:04 PM
New question: What's the point in Promoting?

war assets,
reset the class powers without using a respec card,
increase N7 rating,
Challenges.

Also: If I have 3 people at in a class at level 20 and decided to promote it, the whole class (all 3 people) will be set to level 1 right?

The whole class and all races will be set back to 1
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#7bman52480Posted 2/8/2013 3:30:53 PM
Promoting also lets you reallocate all the character powers to try a different build without having to use the uncommon reset cards.

Also, while N7 level definitely doesn't equate to skill, people will generally kick anyone less than N7 120 from platinum games and usually gold games also.

There is also a challenge related to promoting characters.
---
We don't have TIME for this! The Pasteur's core is going to breach!
#8Talon5967Posted 2/8/2013 3:36:05 PM
DividerByZero posted...
There are challenges for promotions, but most people keep doing it because it's more fun to level up a character.

Same reason why people keep prestiging in CoD, even when there are no real benefits.

^This.

I don't promote very often. But every once in a while, I'll get an inexplicable urge to level up the classes again. Even though it means I'll be restricted to bronze and silver until its done (I don't like playing gold with anything less than full level 20's; needless to say, I don't play platinum).
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#9CrusnikCainPosted 2/8/2013 3:50:02 PM
i promote cause i have horrible luck with getting re-spec cards
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#10KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:10:08 PM
How many promotions for that challenge? What challenge is that apart of?

Is it true that I have to get all the Silver Challenges done before Gold is unlocked?

Holy ****!? 120 promotions for peer acceptance? I thought it was based on the equipment that you bring to the field that counts, but wow...