Best of the Best

#11bloodgod92Posted 2/9/2013 4:19:20 AM
find no fan tar sea posted...
How on earth did you guys get 150 grabs and over 1mil melee damage for the combat mastery?

250 grabs for the challenge... it is probably the hardest single challenge I am currently trying to get.

Melee I have gotten 700k on without even running a melee build. Though I suppose good characters to use would be Armiger Legioin turians... stim pack and AoE smash...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#12JetblackmoonPosted 2/9/2013 4:20:16 AM
Playing a fully melee specced Batarian Vanguard is what I'd definitely recommend for melee damage. Can easily get over 80k melee damage in a Gold game. Shadow seems like a good character on paper for melee damage, but Shadow Strike unfortunately doesn't count as melee damage for the challenge.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#13SRR Capdown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:36:58 AM
SS doesn't count? Lame.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#14NafzgerPosted 2/9/2013 4:53:50 AM
Jetblackmoon posted...
What's so bad in Earth Mastery and Pistol Mastery? Apart from maybe the Predator, all of the pistols are pretty useable. Nothing in Earth Mastery is too bad either, N7 Mastery I can understand though, since some people just aren't into promoting.

Problem with Earth is that I hate all of the Earth characters that aren't the Destroyer. It's not that I'm saying they're bad characters, I just hate using them. I don't want to waste time and not have fun by forcing myself to play classes I don't like.

For pistol mastery, there's just not that many good pistols. I think I have Talon and Paladin challenges complete. Eagle is close. I have a good ways done on Scorpion. But beyond that, I don't even know what I'd use. At best I think I could get 5/8, from the Scorpion, Eagle and 100 medals challenge. But I really don't want to use weapons I don't like just for the challenge.

I'm kind of in a similar boat with Sniper Rifle Mastery. I have 8/9, and I've already completed challenges for the sniper rifles I actually like. I can either force myself to use one I don't like, or complete the 100 medals challenge. 100 medals is nearly complete, so I'll probably go for that and just use the sniper rifles I like
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#15infinitexxPosted 2/9/2013 5:31:08 AM
Jetblackmoon posted...
Playing a fully melee specced Batarian Vanguard is what I'd definitely recommend for melee damage. Can easily get over 80k melee damage in a Gold game. Shadow seems like a good character on paper for melee damage, but Shadow Strike unfortunately doesn't count as melee damage for the challenge.

Whacking people with a fire sword from Cloak still adds a nice chunk to it.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#16SRR Capdown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:44:59 AM
For pistol mastery, there's just not that many good pistols. I think I have Talon and Paladin challenges complete. Eagle is close. I have a good ways done on Scorpion. But beyond that, I don't even know what I'd use. At best I think I could get 5/8, from the Scorpion, Eagle and 100 medals challenge. But I really don't want to use weapons I don't like just for the challenge.

No love for the Arc or the Acolyte? They're both awesome and do a fair amount of damage. Scorpion has fairly decent damage output too. What about the Carnifex? If you can stomach the Paladin challenge, surely this one won't be a problem.

Pistol is easily the least tedious weapons challenge to do. Apart from the Predator all the pistols are pretty good (some better than others obviously).
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#17gunholePosted 2/9/2013 6:00:10 AM
this would be a good weekend to catch up on melee points (which is what I'm mostly behind in) with all the geth lobbies out there. BWHAHAHA!!

as for grabs, just go for them when you can but don't keep track of every single one or else it'll turn into a grind. a watched pot won't ever boil...
---
*gamertag
#18bloodgod92Posted 2/9/2013 6:30:05 AM
gunhole posted...
a watched pot won't ever boil...

I assume the laws of physics do not apply to to subjects under the focus of ones vision?

But really, if you play a TC duration infiltrator grabs are easier to get.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
#19gunholePosted 2/9/2013 6:41:41 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
gunhole posted...
a watched pot won't ever boil...

I assume the laws of physics do not apply to to subjects under the focus of ones vision?

time approaches infinity as # of objects focused on decreases to zero.

it was from a Canadian rock band so it must be true...
---
*gamertag
#20bloodgod92Posted 2/9/2013 6:52:30 AM
gunhole posted...
time approaches infinity as # of objects focused on decreases to zero.

it was from a Canadian rock band so it must be true...

Time is an illusion anyway... there is no present, because the exact moment an event occurs it has already slipped away in to the past.

I have watched as a pot boiled, from the water being cold to the moment it bubbles.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92