Which ending would be considered most 'Paragon'?

#171HiyadaPosted 2/13/2013 12:04:27 AM
I say Destroy is the most paragon choice. It's what most life forms want. To defend and win against the Reapers. Synthesis is to me a very Renegade choice. Not something most life forms would agree with. To rewrite their DNA without their say so? I certainly wouldn't want it. Refuse is a neutral choice; not to get involved. And Control is also Renegade since that is what TIM wanted and he's not well liked by the Alliance.
#172CycknessPosted 2/13/2013 12:49:13 AM(edited)
DiamondoDragon9 posted...
Cyckness posted...

My thing is I'll take "creepy" over short-sighted (Destroy), megalomaniacal (Control) and irresponsible (Refuse) any day.

Lol i didn't think that many people chose to control the reapers because they are egotistically inclined to. I think many chose control to do the less harm on the outside world. At least i saw it as a lesser evil than the other 3 options.

That maybe true for some... but for me I just can't help but see the ego behind choosing Control. First, I would never be so cocky as to bet the entire galaxy's life on my will being strong enough to master the Reapers. Second, I would never want the responsibility of, essentially, guiding the future of the galaxy... nor would I feel like I earned such power. Call me corny or whatever, but no one human being should ever be that powerful.

This is all just my take on it.
---
PSN: FuriousGeorge3
"The ice man cometh, Sander Baby... The ice man ******* cometh"
#173UncannyDPosted 2/13/2013 3:18:57 PM(edited)
The Geth and the Quarians made peace, and the creations rebellion against their creators ended. The Catalyst's "problem" only existed in its head, and its solution was useless. Taking it up on any other offers that relied on its judgement would be foolish. The only paragon option is to destroy such a flawed mode of thinking and start over, with the fate of the galaxy in the hands of the new races.

Obligatory canon ending (use annotations): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmVVAjZZeM
---
Got a sig.
#174StonedwolfedPosted 2/13/2013 3:23:25 PM
UncannyD posted...
The Geth and the Quarians made peace...

But it took the external threat of mutual genocide in order to broker that peace. And the efforts of a Jedi. (Well, whatever you call Shep being as the Mass Effect Force is clearly with him).

Also, the Geth and the Quarians only made peace in some versions of the game. In others there was a genocide of the Quarians.

And the reason there weren't more AI-initiated genocides in Citadel Space is the authorities put enforced legal prohibitions on the research and development of AI.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#175UncannyDPosted 2/13/2013 3:33:52 PM(edited)
Stonedwolfed posted...
UncannyD posted...

But it took the external threat of mutual genocide in order to broker that peace. And the efforts of a Jedi. (Well, whatever you call Shep being as the Mass Effect Force is clearly with him).

Also, the Geth and the Quarians only made peace in some versions of the game. In others there was a genocide of the Quarians.

And the reason there weren't more AI-initiated genocides in Citadel Space is the authorities put enforced legal prohibitions on the research and development of AI.

The Catalyst implied that its Reaper galaxy genocide was the only solution to the created always rebelling against the creators. The absolute was shown to be false, and that peace is attainable. It may not be any more or less stable than the peace between the Krogans and the Turians, but that it exists as an option at all shows that the Reaper solution was unnecessary - as the Catalyst's creators tried to explain, before they were wiped out.

The Catalyst is bugged and corrupted. Operating under its benevolent guidance to turn Shepard into one of its own, or to re-write all life except to destroy it, after a Paragon Shepard showed it to be flawed, isn't paragon.

The Geth can be rebuilt. During a conversation with Kaidan, EDI stresses that she and the Normandy are one, and the Normandy is functioning at full capacity even in the destroy ending. Joker's just sad she lost that rockin' bod.
#176ozzyman314Posted 2/13/2013 4:12:41 PM
UncannyD posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
UncannyD posted...

The Catalyst implied that its Reaper galaxy genocide was the only solution to the created always rebelling against the creators. The absolute was shown to be false, and that peace is attainable. It may not be any more or less stable than the peace between the Krogans and the Turians, but that it exists as an option at all shows that the Reaper solution was unnecessary - as the Catalyst's creators tried to explain, before they were wiped out.

The Catalyst is bugged and corrupted. Operating under its benevolent guidance to turn Shepard into one of its own, or to re-write all life except to destroy it, after a Paragon Shepard showed it to be flawed, isn't paragon.

The Geth can be rebuilt. During a conversation with Kaidan, EDI stresses that she and the Normandy are one, and the Normandy is functioning at full capacity even in the destroy ending. Joker's just sad she lost that rockin' bod.

I swear that's most common excuse to defend Synthetic genocide(I.E Destroy ending)

NO, the Geth and EDI are dead. Just like with the Reapers, their entire programming is destroyed.
During the scene where you LI puts Shepard's name on the wall(or in destroy when they hesitate) You can clearly see EDI's name on the wall.

Plus, how long do you think Peace would last between Geth & Quarians without the Reaper threat? It would only take 1 small slip up on either side to set things off again.
With the Krogan, it really depends on who it is? If it's Wreav then sure you could make the comparison, but not with Wrex.
---
Loading Signature..........