Who else regrets saving Ashley in ME1?

#1Damiand77Posted 2/9/2013 5:21:29 PM
I think she's kind of a @#$%^, and from what I hear Kaiden is alot more loyal and trusting.
Ashley's just a pain-in-the-ass paranoid type.
I sacrificed Kaiden and I regret it a bit, I admit.
lol
#2DividerByZeroPosted 2/9/2013 5:23:47 PM
Only because on my first playthrough, I was trying to romance her, which is a horrible reason to save someone's life over someone else.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#3Damiand77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:26:54 PM
DividerByZero posted...
Only because on my first playthrough, I was trying to romance her, which is a horrible reason to save someone's life over someone else.

You heartless bastard!
BWA HAAHAHA!!
:D
#4bessy67Posted 2/9/2013 5:30:10 PM
Plus she has a horrible power set. Kaiden's powers (and the bonus powers he gives you) are tons better. I finally decided to edit a save so that I had Kaiden instead of Ash in my current playthrough.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/9/2013 5:32:11 PM
Hea it only happened once
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#6Haley Joel OsmentPosted 2/9/2013 5:33:13 PM(edited)
Kaidan is the most boring character ever written in any medium, so not really.

---
I see dead people.
#7Offworlder1Posted 2/9/2013 5:35:59 PM(edited)
Kaidan is just as bad if not worse as in ME 2 he is less concerned that you are alive then even Ashley and immediately starts whining you work for Cerberus.

I feel sorry for anyone who saved Kaidan over Ashley, atleast Ashley has a character arch and valid reasons to not be so trusting considering how her family is infamous because of her grandfather's actions.

Edit: Oh and love the fact they decide to force Kaidan to be gay when in ME 1 it's clear he isn't and still hit on you even if you are with someone else, atleast Ashley is able to see if your in a relationship with someone.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#8ArnoldtheRedPosted 2/9/2013 5:48:20 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
Kaidan is just as bad if not worse as in ME 2 he is less concerned that you are alive then even Ashley and immediately starts whining you work for Cerberus.

I feel sorry for anyone who saved Kaidan over Ashley, atleast Ashley has a character arch and valid reasons to not be so trusting considering how her family is infamous because of her grandfather's actions.

Are you deaf and blind? Ashley and Kaidan have the exact same dialogue in ME2, but with their own variations of the sentences. They both **** on you, and say you betrayed Anderson adn the Alliance.

WTF does her grandfather surrendering to Turians have to do with not trusting others?
#9Damiand77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:51:08 PM
Offworlder1 posted...

Edit: Oh and love the fact they decide to force Kaidan to be gay when in ME 1 it's clear he isn't and still hit on you even if you are with someone else, atleast Ashley is able to see if your in a relationship with someone.

Kaiden a whiner?
What a coincidence, considering Raphael Sbarge also plays notorious whiner Carth Onasi.
I suppose he's really gifted at voicing whining good guy characters.
:{}
#10ZacTBPosted 2/9/2013 5:51:26 PM
I only went with Ashley for the romance achievement, I feel like I should have waited for a second playthrough to get that achievement and just sacrifice Ashley on Virmire. It would have felt better in my Shepard's story since I romanced Tali in Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I still had Ashley thinking my Shepard still liked her for Mass Effect 2 and half of Mass Effect 3. Kaidan would have been much better in my playthrough I think. I think I prefer Kaidan anywhere, both in combat and personality wise.