Best strategy for Gold Geth runs?

#1IronknuckleMMPosted 2/9/2013 5:24:47 PM
It has been a loooong time since I have played, and the new enemies are beating the hell out of me. I used to run these all the time, but I am pretty rusty. Any advice on how to deal with Geth on Gold? Particularly ways to quickly kill Primes. They swarm my friends and I. O am looking to getting back into this game and running Gold and eventually Platinum consistently. Any help would be appreciated (loadouts, classes, maps, ect.)
---
SoulSilver: 4986-1321-1619
Gamertag: StalfoLordMM PSN: Stalfo_Lord
#2MurphysGhostPosted 2/9/2013 5:36:57 PM
Reapers and Cerberus are probably easier now, if you're thinking of farming.

But for Geth? Overload and more Overload.

Quarians are great against them, with Sabotage, Tac Scan and Arc Grenades in the mix. Geth Engineer is another great choice. Turian Sentinel's good if there's another biotic on the team for Warp combos on Primes.

I did a couple Gold Geth runs last night with a team of four Quarians. Two FQIs, an MQI and an MQE. It was absolute robot slaughter.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:51:24 PM
I just feel like I can't do any damage with the FQI. I mean, Sabatoge is nice and all, butI run alot with a claymore (I feel like it is all I can do damage with on Gold that isn't a sniper). Even with a Claymore VIII and Armor Piercing III rounds, a headshot on a shieldless Prime still does almost nothing.
---
#4IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:57:33 PM
Actually, I suppose I could rephrase this topic for ANY Gold or Platinum tips. I just happen to run Geth more because I feel, unit for unit, they are the less cheap. (No Phantoms or Banshees with their vacuum of death grab that hits me from ten feet away)
---
#5RophlecktuinePosted 2/9/2013 5:58:40 PM
Step 1: switch to Platinum Geth runs
Step 2: play better
Step 3: credits
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#6MurphysGhostPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:07 PM
Err... no offense, but are you sure you're hitting them? A Cloaked Claymore shot with AP III should do pretty major damage on a Prime.

Are you using the Smart Choke? Maybe try that?

The FQI by herself isn't a Geth destroyer, but she synergizes really well with other tech users if you take the Tech Vulnerability option on rank 6 of Sabotage. (And because of the Cloak mechanics she can use Sabotage much more often than any other character with the ability.)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#7IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:12 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Step 1: switch to Platinum Geth runs
Step 2: play better
Step 3: credits

If you have nothing to contribute, shut the **** up, or go back to the MGO boards. I'm not asking people to play the damn game for me. I am just asking for advice from people who are more accustomed to the changes.
---
#8IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:07:14 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
Err... no offense, but are you sure you're hitting them? A Cloaked Claymore shot with AP III should do pretty major damage on a Prime.

Are you using the Smart Choke? Maybe try that?

The FQI by herself isn't a Geth destroyer, but she synergizes really well with other tech users if you take the Tech Vulnerability option on rank 6 of Sabotage. (And because of the Cloak mechanics she can use Sabotage much more often than any other character with the ability.)

Nah, I am definitely hitting them. Still, that isnt a very good route to go on, I feel, because it involves getting VERY close to an enemy I can't 1 shot. What Cloak mechanics are you referring to, exactly? All I remember regarding the cloak is that 1, you get an ability that allows you to use a power while cloaked, 2, people say the damage path isn't worth it, and 3, the GPS used to be able to charge, cloak, shoot, and shoot again to get added effect from the cloak (I think this was patched, though I may be wrong.)
---
#9code_kirinPosted 2/9/2013 6:07:29 PM
If I know I'm fighting Geth, I make sure to bring armored compartments. Geth prime are easily the cheapest enemy in the game, and I do not tolerate their shenanigans. I spawn nuke as many as possible come wave 9.

There's really no trick to them outside right hand advantage, if you're familiar with that. Reapers are actually much easier once you learn to avoid the banshee. Cerberus is also not too bad as long as you have a Phantom counter.
#10IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:11:28 PM
code_kirin posted...
If I know I'm fighting Geth, I make sure to bring armored compartments. Geth prime are easily the cheapest enemy in the game, and I do not tolerate their shenanigans. I spawn nuke as many as possible come wave 9.

There's really no trick to them outside right hand advantage, if you're familiar with that. Reapers are actually much easier once you learn to avoid the banshee. Cerberus is also not too bad as long as you have a Phantom counter.

I hate sounding like a noob, but Iwas never on the boards much, so I miss a lot of the tactics. I assume by right hand advantage, you mean that you are right sode oriented, allowing you to step outside of cover for quick shots? Also, what is a good Phantom or Banshee counter? I know that, by virtue of what those classes are, they should be easily killed by biotics. That being said, I feel like they have absurdly long invulnerability frames.
---