Best strategy for Gold Geth runs?

#21Spartan070Posted 2/9/2013 9:03:56 PM
Nefhith posted...
Dude, switch to platinum and get more credits.

I mean, there's almost no difference between gold/platinum on geth but for the few enemies that start bothering mid-game. And these extra 70k of credits you get, of course.

So I take it the actual difficulty(damage/DR/enemy health/etc) between Gold and Plat is the same, just that Plat has all the extra enemies?
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#22NefhithPosted 2/10/2013 7:56:13 AM
Spartan070 posted...
Nefhith posted...
Dude, switch to platinum and get more credits.

I mean, there's almost no difference between gold/platinum on geth but for the few enemies that start bothering mid-game. And these extra 70k of credits you get, of course.

So I take it the actual difficulty(damage/DR/enemy health/etc) between Gold and Plat is the same, just that Plat has all the extra enemies?

Yep.

I mean, geth are slow and stupid, and even I, being a pretty average player, never had a huge difference of trouble between geth in gold and platinum. Of course, I don't try to rambo-tackle geth primes in the balls or try to mass kill all of them. If you take them one by one and being careful, you find almost no diference between difficulties.

Of course, don't play like a grandma with a valium overdose.
#23code_kirinPosted 2/10/2013 8:13:02 AM
Platinum enemies do more damage and have more health. It's not really an outlandish jump from gold though.
#24Tbx66Posted 2/10/2013 8:23:52 AM
Pick some disruptor ammo with any character and you're good to go.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#25gunholePosted 2/10/2013 8:41:33 AM
looking at your manifest, your tanking options are limited without the TGI or bat/kroguards. vs geth you might as well go full offense with your paladin.

if your team is limited on powers to set off combos with you, then you might take your SI and the black widow...
---
*gamertag
#26toxic_jackalPosted 2/10/2013 8:53:28 AM
I have found that Geth are easiest on Firebase Glacier, including on Gold. I wouldn't know about Platinum though. The thing with Geth is that you want to kill them quickly; they tend to have an advantage if you are playing in a large map (Vancouver, Hydra). Especially those Primes, who if you give a lot of room, can pretty much hit you on the other side of an open-area map. I think it would be better to farm them in more confined maps such as Glacier, this way you can move quickly and avoid much of the Prime's cheap long-range attacks. Spawn points are very easy to memorize on Firebase Glacier. The only problem with Geth on smaller maps though is that objectives may be more difficult, especially if you have Geth swarms approaching you.

For what kits or weapons to use, I don't think it matters. Try going with a mostly tech team or a mostly biotic team. I found that the Fury Adept makes an excellent choice for playing a biotic against most enemy factions because she can literally run up to enemies, "infect" them, and create biotic explosions rather easily. It is quite risky though and sometimes I find myself dying too much. Salarian classes and Male Quarian classes do quite well against Geth; anything that is capable of spamming grenades works well (the Quarian male classes). Another good technique to use is Flamer (Vorcha classes and Geth Soldier), and works excellent if you're paired with a tech class that can detonate fire explosions for you.

Basically, whatever class you are good with would probably work on Gold.

Other levels to fight Geth on that might be better as well is Firebase Jade and Goddess.
---
"I'm here for my ballet classes. I should warn you, I look **** good in a tutu." -Pharaoh
#27gunholePosted 2/10/2013 9:07:40 AM
^^ I despise facing geth on glacier unless the team is setup for it. pyros turn into a marching death squad, and bombers actually become a threat.

I'd prefer them on a medium-range map where I have room to kite the pyros/primes but not so much that they have good sight lines. like the new FBwhite, for instance...
---
*gamertag
#28toxic_jackalPosted 2/10/2013 9:22:56 AM
gunhole posted...
^^ I despise facing geth on glacier unless the team is setup for it. pyros turn into a marching death squad, and bombers actually become a threat.

I'd prefer them on a medium-range map where I have room to kite the pyros/primes but not so much that they have good sight lines. like the new FBwhite, for instance...

Geth seem to be a pain in the ass for me no matter what map or difficulty I play them on. Not too long ago, I would run Geth on Vancouver while trying to play Platinum. Vancouver seems to be one of the most well designed maps in the game (to me at least), lots of cover and tons of room to spread out/run away to.

I eventually found out that Vancouver works extremely well to their advantage; give Geth (not just Primes either) tons of room to move around and they will eventually herd you and corner you if you're not watching. Those Pyros are probably the sneakiest of all Geth. They move so slowly but they always manage to sneak up on you. Many times I have unfortunately walked into the Pyro's flamethrower-of-doom without ever noticing it until I'm dead 3 seconds later. I guess that's why I find Pyros so adorable. <3

Glacier can work to an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. When I was going for the solo challenges, I would play Kroguard. It WAS difficult (difficult to begin with because I'm terrible at soloing anyway) with objectives and Geth Bombers, but it was easier because I was constantly on my toes, therefore forced to kill them in close quarters. I think if TC does some analyzing on what classes he/she is best with, eventually one could find a setup that works on Glacier (or any other map).
---
"I'm here for my ballet classes. I should warn you, I look **** good in a tutu." -Pharaoh
#29perfect_generalPosted 2/10/2013 9:26:55 AM
code_kirin posted...
perfect_general posted...
Geth are actually not that bad. Their units are slow and as a whole, they are weak from long range. Keep your distance and watch your flanks.

Somewhere, a Geth Prime is laughing maniacally.

Geth primes see a mile away and rocket troopers are easy to kill. Other than that, all their other units are close range and since they are slow, as long as you are aware of your surroundings, you can easily keep your distance. Add that they have no OHK units and are very susceptible to tech powers, I don't really find them that difficult.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#30IronknuckleMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:39:01 PM
Any advice on a build particularly for Gold or, more importantly, Platinum? I feel like it seems a little weapon-dominated. My powers rarely feel like they are worth using agains the enemies.
---
SoulSilver: 4986-1321-1619
Gamertag: StalfoLordMM PSN: Stalfo_Lord