How to speed up Gold and Platinum runs when playing with randoms?

#1DreoreSilerePosted 2/10/2013 12:24:50 PM
Now, I usually play with randoms.

The fastest time I have gotten is about 20 minutes on Gold, and this is with spawn nuking on Firebase Glacier (it's probably what I play nowadays 90% of the time).

Unfortunately, the randoms I get stuck with are usually low level and mess up the spawns (I want the enemies to always spawn in the basement and at the entrance across from the former panic room, which never happens).

I also don't want to spend a whole 15 minutes looking at randoms' manifests on N7 HQ and telling them what the best set-up for their class is.

Any ideas? Thanks.
---
I should go.
#2infinitexxPosted 2/10/2013 12:27:06 PM
1) Rambo.

2) Don't play with randoms.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3deathscythe257Posted 2/10/2013 12:41:37 PM
if ur playing on glacier, easiest thing is to lead the charge and loop through the map... I've done this with Reegar kroguard and Claymore GI, and finish in 20 mins.. Granted, at least 70% of my games had decent people in them
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#4sir_fredingtonPosted 2/10/2013 12:43:09 PM
20min on gold is about as good as you're going to get with randoms
#5bloodgod92Posted 2/10/2013 12:52:27 PM
You always have the option of playing with friends/GFAQers...

You can also leave lobbies if people are not set up how YOU want them to be... no offense, offering advise is great, but If you told me that my Demolisher was wrong to equip a black widow, AT-12 Raider and use shield boosting gear, I would tell you were to shove it. Perhaps on paper there is a "right" setup, but that does not factor in human ability.
y
you can quickly leave and find another group... or host yourself, leave or kick if people joining are not up to your standards... people do it all of the time...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#6SRR CapdownPosted 2/10/2013 12:55:26 PM
20min on gold is about as good as you're going to get with randoms

Pretty much this.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#7DividerByZeroPosted 2/10/2013 12:56:29 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
You always have the option of playing with friends/GFAQers...

You can also leave lobbies if people are not set up how YOU want them to be... no offense, offering advise is great, but If you told me that my Demolisher was wrong to equip a black widow, AT-12 Raider and use shield boosting gear, I would tell you were to shove it. Perhaps on paper there is a "right" setup, but that does not factor in human ability.
y
you can quickly leave and find another group... or host yourself, leave or kick if people joining are not up to your standards... people do it all of the time...

My group kicks people with horrible setups all the time.

I mean horrible like a Typhoon and a sniper on a caster class, something like that.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#8MalevolentFishPosted 2/10/2013 1:05:08 PM
Wipe on Wave 3. The runs go by like lightning.
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish // NNID: Malevolent.Fish
"But why is the rum gone?"
#9orangeneePosted 2/10/2013 1:19:50 PM
I only play gold with Divider and chums. We are picky about randoms.

Any attempt by me to play gold with randoms ends in a psychotic break. I had a wave 7 wipe last time I tried it took 40 minutes due to 6 players ragequitting over the match.

Maybe once I get better at gold.......
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#10bloodgod92Posted 2/10/2013 1:27:47 PM
DividerByZero posted...

My group kicks people with horrible setups all the time.

I mean horrible like a Typhoon and a sniper on a caster class, something like that.

That is okay then :)

The only advice I turn my mic on for is to tell people they do not need the stability mod on the Harrier... or any stability mod on any weapon using the destroyer... simple things like that, but I would really be pissed if someone told me how I should be playing on a class I do well on... unless I performed badly and they offer advice after the game.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP