Just finished my first Silver solo...

#1sheepman23Posted 2/10/2013 4:46:39 PM(edited)
I know it's not much (especially with people doing Level 1 Platinum solos), but I'm happy that I've finally managed to do it.

I played against Geth on Hazard Reactor, and used the Salarian Infiltrator with no Proxy Mine. Cyclonic Mod III, Incendiary Rounds III, and Sniper Rifle Amp III for equipment, and a Stronghold Package for gear. Used my Black Widow II for a weapon.

Ended up using 4 gels, 3 rockets, and 1 Ops pack. The only times that I really screwed myself over were during the Wave 6 and 10 objective waves. For the first one, I had targets, which was pretty easy. Wave 6 was modules, which shouldn't have been so hard except that the enemies spawned right next to the first one, and I didn't try to kite them right away when I should've. So I used two gels that wave. I think I used another gel between 6 and 10 when I got caught in the crosshairs of two Primes at once.

Wave 10 was delivery. Needless to say, that one kind of sucked - sure, I had Energy Drain at my disposal, but that alone wasn't enough to make it from one end of the map to the other. That was where I used three rockets.

Final score was 179,841.

It's nice to have finally soloed Silver, and not with one of the "Elite" characters - although I have to admit that the Salarian Infiltrator is pretty sweet against Geth. It's so great to use Energy Drain on anything and watch as your shields replenish...
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#2JetblackmoonPosted 2/10/2013 4:54:10 PM
Congrats!

Why do you build him without Proximity Mine though? Such a travesty. :(
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#3sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:56:51 PM
Jetblackmoon posted...
Congrats!

Why do you build him without Proximity Mine though? Such a travesty. :(

Thanks. =)

The only reason I skipped Proxy Mine (which is a fantastic power) is because I feel it's not as beneficial since I don't have a squad of people with me. The way I see it, more shields means more shields replenished from ED, and although a 20% damage taken bonus is nice, it really only would've been useful on the Primes. Plus it would've been competing for a cooldown with ED.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 2/10/2013 4:58:57 PM
A. Congrats. Its a big step, I know.

B. SI is best with at least 5 in Proxi mine for the debuff.

C. SI is elite. I don't want to take anything away from your accomplishment, but he is. Especially against Geth (E Drain anyone for full shields. Its like stim packs, but better and without needing ammo)
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/10/2013 5:02:04 PM
SI is definitely elite, but still, good job. I skip proximity mine with him sometimes when using a sniper because shooting a mine messes up my aim.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#6perfect_generalPosted 2/10/2013 5:05:17 PM
Congrats. However the Salarian Infiltrator is definitely an elite class; it's just that he's not used as often with all then newer, sexier infiltrator classes out. But you did use a suboptimal build (proxy mine is great on the SI) so some props go to you for that :).
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#7sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 5:07:42 PM
Thanks guys. =)

Didn't realize he was considered an Elite character - he's quickly become one of my favorites though. Not just against Geth, but really any faction.

Mr_Pipboy posted...
B. SI is best with at least 5 in Proxi mine for the debuff.

C. SI is elite. I don't want to take anything away from your accomplishment, but he is. Especially against Geth (E Drain anyone for full shields. Its like stim packs, but better and without needing ammo)

Just to clarify, I have always used a 6/5/6/6/3 build with him, but I changed it for this since I wanted more defense. Yes, I'm perfectly aware that the 20% debuff from Proxy Mine is incredible, but with things dying so quickly anyway, it was only really going to be useful on the Primes (which weren't that numerous since it's Silver).

Using him against Geth was probably a crutch, but oh well, I'm just happy to have soloed Silver.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8Mr_PipboyPosted 2/10/2013 5:11:23 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Thanks guys. =)

Didn't realize he was considered an Elite character - he's quickly become one of my favorites though. Not just against Geth, but really any faction..

He is far and away my favorite class. Always glad to see someone else show him some love. You'll love him even more when you level that black widow up some.
---
#9WatermelonFartsPosted 2/10/2013 5:22:04 PM
i'm not sure why this is important enough to post
---
WatermelonFarts Fan Club President: SomboSteel
ask him if you want to join!!! <3
#10Mr_PipboyPosted 2/10/2013 5:24:58 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
i'm not sure why this is important enough to post

sheepman23 is obviously excited to accomplish something, and wanted to share. Nothing wrong with that, nor does sheep need to be called to task if his accomplishment doesn't rate on your scale.
---