What are the difficulties of each Mass Effect game?

#11DethuliPosted 2/10/2013 9:43:57 PM
ME1 Insanity is definately easier with a high level character. Not to say that it can't be done from level 1...its just tedious and very cheap until you hit level 30 or so. Keep in mind that on Insanity in ME1, almost every enemy spams Immunity unless you can throw out Dampening and Singularity quick enough.
---
This is my impaling wall. It's where I put the bodies.
#12Ryan-06Posted 2/10/2013 9:46:11 PM
I better start my insanity run soon. Those achievements have been blank all these years! ME2 and 3 I already maxed out. Not Omega tho.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
Some white girls make me melt like a Particle Rifle- i.imgur.com/0Eo5m2h.jpg
#13DethuliPosted 2/10/2013 9:53:08 PM
I personally find Insanity in ME2 easier than ME1. At least in ME2 you can rely on skillful use of your abilites and the abilities of your teammates to win battles. Everything in ME1 is a battle of attrition; Singularity > Dampening > Warp > Overload > Grenade > Sabotage > hold RT > repeat until enemies are dead.
---
#14DethuliPosted 2/10/2013 9:58:49 PM
A lot of people will say that Adept is "easy mode" in ME1, but really the only power that makes Adept so great is Singularity. I prefer using a Soldier with Singularity on ME1 Insanity so I have access to as much damage resistance as possible.
---
#15AigonrothPosted 2/10/2013 10:08:29 PM
Dethuli posted...
A lot of people will say that Adept is "easy mode" in ME1, but really the only power that makes Adept so great is Singularity. I prefer using a Soldier with Singularity on ME1 Insanity so I have access to as much damage resistance as possible.

Lift would like a word with you, Singularity doesn't affect Geth Armatures, Lift does. Then there is also Stasis with the Bastion Class Specialization.

Throw in Marksman and the Adept is capable of crowd controlling everything in the game and slaughtering it due to how OP pistols were in ME1.

Also if you try to pull the "cooldowns" argument for powers in ME1: Savant Amps, and Armor Upgrades that reduce cooldown time plus getting the master versions of all the powers and the cooldown bonuses from Spectre Training and Adepts class passive make that a non-issue.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#16mech goukiPosted 2/10/2013 10:49:44 PM
@Aigonroth

I will agree, Adept is definitely up top at one of the OP classes in ME1.

However, I will still say that the Soldier is definitely the most OP, since it is practically unkillable if specced right.

Uh, didn't we have this discussion before?
---
http://cyberakuma.livejournal.com/ - Shining Blade Translations
http://cyberakumamechgouki.blogspot.com/ - Skip Beat! PS2 story
#17CycknessPosted 2/10/2013 11:57:32 PM
infinitexx posted...
The power curve in ME1 is crazy, you go from facing enemies that can restore their health and negate nearly all damage to being able to tank anything and effortlessly disable nearly any enemy.

VERY true.
---
PSN: FuriousGeorge3
"The ice man cometh, Sander Baby... The ice man ******* cometh"