The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Gold Engineer

#1KADFCPosted 2/11/2013 11:07:27 AM(edited)
In terms of my comfort zone, I only find playing as the Human Engineer. I want to unlock the Geth Engineer, but that's taking forever. So I'm just wondering, what's a good Human Engineer build for Gold?

I don't mind not getting the higher score or anything; just as long as I don't die constantly from Dragoons and Ravagers with one hit, can actually contribute to the battle, I'm fine. Should I just skip the Drone all together and concentrate on Fitness?
#2SolidDroidPosted 2/11/2013 11:08:47 AM
Skip drone. It's worthless.
#3bessy67Posted 2/11/2013 11:43:37 AM(edited)
This is the build I use:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Human/PPKID/Eagle8BK5AI5////OmniCapacitors5/

Although if you feel you need the extra fitness then yes, take points out of drone. A 4/6/6/4/6 build would work pretty good as well.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 2/11/2013 11:11:53 AM
I like 0/6/6/6/6.

Skip combat drone, concentrate on fire explosions. Spec Incinerate for damage and damage over time, spec overload for chain and neural shock.

You can go either power damage in the passive or weapon damage, either works

Max fitness for shields

Bring a light weapon like the acolyte or talon with either incendiary rounds or disruptor rounds.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#5Xero_MachariusPosted 2/11/2013 11:13:20 AM(edited)
6/6/6/5/3 I think is the most common build for him/her

The build is use is...
combat drone 6 - detoneate/shock/chain
incinerate 6 - radius/recharge/armour
overload 6 - chain/recharge/chain (although i need to respec this to shield damage)
alliance training 5 - power damage/headshot (though i may respec this to power damage)
fitness 3

IMO the combat drone is more useful than 10% weapon damage (or lighter pistols) and 200 shields and health.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#6code_kirinPosted 2/11/2013 11:17:02 AM
Skipping drone is an awful idea. Without it you have no intrinsic answer to Phantoms, and your crowd control ability is reduced. It needs at least four points. I would recommend 6/6/6/4/4 or 6/6/6/5/3. You can also do 5/6/6/5/4 without missing out on much.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Human/PIGIA//////

Last rank of Incinerate you can choose freeze combo if you always plan to use cryo ammo, otherwise take armor damage. Last rank of overload is your choice. More crowd control vs more shield stripping. Last rank of training depends on your weapon, if you even take it that is.
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/11/2013 11:22:29 AM
Skip drone. Fitness gives you more survivability. If you must use it, only take it to 3 and skip the last rank of weapon damage.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#8KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:22:34 AM
Hmm, I could test both of those on Bronze just to get a feel of it. I have never tried Engineer without a Drone before, so that's a new experience.

By the drones recommendations, chain instead of rockets? Hmmm, no wonder why. I always thought the rockets helped get their attention more, so it's better? Guess not...
#9JetblackmoonPosted 2/11/2013 11:23:35 AM
I'd go 6/6/6/6/0 if you can handle playing it with just the default Fitness.

Detonate/Shock/Chain
Damage/Burning Damage/Armor Damage
Chain/Neural Shock/Chain (Some people don't like Neural Shock, if so, take Recharge. I prefer Chain on rank 6 for setting off Tech Bursts, but extra damage to shields is also fine.)
Power Damage/Power Damage/Weapon Damage
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#10code_kirinPosted 2/11/2013 11:38:09 AM
KADFC posted...
Hmm, I could test both of those on Bronze just to get a feel of it. I have never tried Engineer without a Drone before, so that's a new experience.

By the drones recommendations, chain instead of rockets? Hmmm, no wonder why. I always thought the rockets helped get their attention more, so it's better? Guess not...

The problem with rockets is that it changes the drone's AI to run away instead of approach enemies. This also means it'll back itself behind walls and fire rockets into walls much of the time. Drone has a very short cooldown, so even if ities, you can just teleport another one onto the enemy. Don't worry about it getting into the mess of things. That just means it's doing its job.

You need at least four ranks to get the detonate evolution and make it useful. I recommend maxing it out if you're comfortable with losing fitness. There is no reason to skip it outside of Platinum difficulty.