Just beat this, what ending did I get? (*Spoilers?*)

#21WaImartSecurityPosted 2/12/2013 8:06:35 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure why a lot of people are claiming that the EC "fixed" anything. A bunch of still pictures with a voice-over explaining what we already knew doesn't alleviate the problems I had with ME3. None of the issues I had were addressed at all.

I know that there are those that disagree with me, and that's fine. I'm glad that people can enjoy it ending, but it simply wasn't enough. I invested too much time and money for such a shoddy payout.
---
The High Cost of Low Price.
#22SageOfLifePosted 2/12/2013 8:10:31 AM
WaImartSecurity posted...
Yeah, I'm not sure why a lot of people are claiming that the EC "fixed" anything. A bunch of still pictures with a voice-over explaining what we already knew doesn't alleviate the problems I had with ME3. None of the issues I had were addressed at all.

I know that there are those that disagree with me, and that's fine. I'm glad that people can enjoy it ending, but it simply wasn't enough. I invested too much time and money for such a shoddy payout.

Well that's the thing, the fan response to the EC is basically a return to the standard broken base. Considering how united the original backlash was, that's an accomplishment.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#23Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/12/2013 9:20:33 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Lord of Nightmares posted...
Hence why I said technically. Since his/her memories and experiences are still preserved albeit in a disembodied form, that means s/he isn't completely gone.

Yes he is. The Shepard-Catalyst is a completely seperate entity.

Was that actually confirmed in-game, or is that just your own interpretation?
#24SageOfLifePosted 2/12/2013 9:22:10 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Hence why I said technically. Since his/her memories and experiences are still preserved albeit in a disembodied form, that means s/he isn't completely gone.

Yes he is. The Shepard-Catalyst is a completely seperate entity.

Was that actually confirmed in-game, or is that just your own interpretation?

"Through his death, my thoughts are free" I believe were the exact words.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#25FearOfTheLightPosted 2/12/2013 10:08:48 AM
^ So even though Shepard fused himself onto the Catalyst's position, it still exists? Did his conscious cease to exist as we'll then?

I'm confused then, as from what I've seen in Control...it heavily implies the fact that the Catalyst stepped down for Shepard himself on a mental and intangible note.

Isn't the fact that your opinions Morality (P/R descriptions of Shepard's resolve) still exist, enough to warrant at least some semblance of Shepard's existence?
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#26garanPosted 2/12/2013 3:26:51 PM
The only thing that the EC actually fixed was changing the relays from blowing up in the original (which would wipe out all galactic civilization), to only being damaged in the EC. There is an actual difference in the cut scene explosions, although it is not mentioned enough.

Personally, now that I have seen all endings, the only ending I choose is where I turn the game off before even going to the beam.
#27SageOfLifePosted 2/12/2013 3:31:26 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
^ So even though Shepard fused himself onto the Catalyst's position, it still exists? Did his conscious cease to exist as we'll then?

I'm confused then, as from what I've seen in Control...it heavily implies the fact that the Catalyst stepped down for Shepard himself on a mental and intangible note.

Isn't the fact that your opinions Morality (P/R descriptions of Shepard's resolve) still exist, enough to warrant at least some semblance of Shepard's existence?
---

Then the Shepard-Catalyst wouldn't be referring to Commander Shepard as a separate entity.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#28FrizzurdPosted 2/12/2013 6:50:59 PM
Has there been a thread where people post their ideas for a better ending?
#29WaImartSecurityPosted 2/12/2013 7:09:32 PM
Yes.
---
The High Cost of Low Price.
#30dsky9000Posted 2/12/2013 8:10:37 PM
HakuMan111386 posted...
Shepard died so...is this the ending everyone complained about or no?

Well if you choose Destroy at 4000 ems Shepard survives and wakes up in London which the smart fans believes the entire ending was a hallucination and there is a lot of evidence to support it.Since the smart fans see the whole ending is Shepard being indoctrinated and breaking free.The Literalest see the ending as bad writing and do not bother to try find a explanation for the whole ending.Oh and Synthesis and Control means Shepard is indoctrinated and gives the reapers what they wanted.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)