Why play femshep?

#21demetedPosted 2/11/2013 9:30:18 PM
I don't feel right playing any game with a guy character. I suppose its the same reason guys don't want to play as a female character. *shrugs*
---
*formerly known as 'The John'*
#22mrklarrydPosted 2/11/2013 9:51:16 PM
pcmike2 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
I'd rather watch a girl run around than a dude.

Usually in rpgs, you put yourself as the character. Since most gaming people are guys, they want to fap their depressing fat bodies to liara/femshep scenes rather than play the game normally.

Have half a mind to sig this, haha
#23twinstarnumber1Posted 2/11/2013 9:52:30 PM
I don't understand why it bothers people so much that some people aren't upset at the idea of playing as a woman. It's like the huge uproar that quickly follows anytime anyone refers to their Shep as a woman.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#24blutoblutarskyXPosted 2/11/2013 10:03:46 PM
lexussss posted...
Just wondering why you would play a femshep

Because she is the default the manshepard can't be because he has to double his level of macho before he can even try to reach pee wee Herman or urkel status.

If a male hero can't look and act and seem like he can throw you through a wall he's a comic relief sidekick.
Mark meers voice and the physical frame of manshepard is more along the lines of the joke sidekick (joe peshi in lethal weapon 2).

Mass effect 4 needs a body size slider like in skyrim.
#25blutoblutarskyXPosted 2/11/2013 10:11:58 PM
pcmike2 posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
I'd rather watch a girl run around than a dude.

Usually in rpgs, you put yourself as the character. Since most gaming people are guys, they want to fap their depressing fat bodies to liara/femshep scenes rather than play the game normally.

That might be how YOU do it but many people enjoy role playing like an author coming up with a great char idea then making the char come to life. Call it "author role playing".

Only problem is that mass effects role playing options are somewhat limited compared to dragon age origins or fallout nv. But still not completely off.

Also some people role play a "sex symbol they want to bang".

Or any other form.

Personally (as I said above). I don't see manshepard as anything but comic relief- but due to the games lack of role playing options to play manshepard as an incompetent boob/nerd that elicits comedy and laughter I don't see that as a viable option.

Man Shepard should have options to be like another Conrad verner. Cause that's basically what he sounds/looks like.
#26TheFeshPincePosted 2/11/2013 10:16:34 PM
oh dear...
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#27AarksharkPosted 2/11/2013 10:33:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28BluesASCPosted 2/11/2013 10:44:55 PM
It's impossible to get through the minefield of Bioware romance options without ending up gay so I might as well be a hot lesbian
---
My favorite game is Sorry, by Hideo Kojima
#29BushidoEffect3Posted 2/11/2013 10:47:11 PM
chill 02 posted...
I play both, but I like femshep's voice acting and, for whatever reason, a female Shepard looks more badass doing the same things male Shepard does.

I prefer Jen Hale in MGS4. That was my fav performance =).

Naomi! And don't forget Kolyat is Raiden.
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#30titan6669Posted 2/11/2013 11:03:51 PM
i <3 garrus