Why play femshep?

#51Haley Joel OsmentPosted 2/12/2013 3:26:36 AM
Mark Meer sucks.

---
I see dead people.
#52Halo_ForeverPosted 2/12/2013 3:33:29 AM
Because these choose your own character RPG tend to have the best female leads. Since it was written originally for a dude, you don't get the fits of helplessness (*cough Metroid Other M cough*), the sex object status or any of the other detrimental stuff that usually tend to follow a female lead.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#53MettanAtemPosted 2/12/2013 3:55:34 AM
Hey, why not alternate between male and female between playthroughs? You get the full experience that way.
Besides, there's no Garrus bromance.
#54maturin1919Posted 2/12/2013 4:04:45 AM
I play femShep for renegade playthroughs. Hale just sounds more suited to the badass role to my ear.
---
'It's called a compound fracture, rapist. It'll never heal. Not right it won't. Not nearly right. You'll remember me every time the air goes wet and cold.'
#55DChybridkingPosted 2/12/2013 4:33:46 AM
I like the idea of a girl being in the hero role and being a bad @ss
Jenifer Hale's voice is fantastic(but some of her lines are cringe worthy)
Lesbians
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#56El_ZaggyPosted 2/12/2013 4:53:08 AM
The male shep voice isnt great. And id rather watcher a girl running around on a screen, feels more manly than watching a guy. Anyway I never felt that shepard was me because bioware incredibly failed at that
#57Shadow_the_DarkPosted 2/12/2013 5:01:08 AM
1. Jennifer Hale trumps her male counterpart in voice acting (male shep sounds like he could give a crap less about what he's saying.)

2. I always tend to choose female characters when given a choice as they tend to be better looking than the guys. (plus there is no where near enough options to create myself in game. and if it can't be accurate I ain't bothering with it.)

and 3. Femshep has the best look in Renegade cutscenes in my opinion.
#58RevenancedPosted 2/12/2013 5:19:01 AM
I've played them both and I gotta say (and i know I'm gonna get reported or hated on for this) I really dont like female main characters. Most of them come off as tryhards and are lackluster. Ultimately if you dont care and run off to try Femshep you wont be rewarded with some voice acting or some amazing rendered body.

Prefer Male Shep, he doesnt sound like a tool.

I always laugh coming here. People have some amazing justifications for why they choose to do things rather than simply, "because I wanted to."
---
Currently playing: WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#59Vuvuzela96Posted 2/12/2013 5:19:11 AM
Because to me Femshep makes more sense in that universe. Can't explain. And Jen Hale's voice acting is god-tier in comparison to the subpar Meer acting. Seriously, I could do a better job than him with a wrench in my mouth.
---
tyranius2
#60drclaeysPosted 2/12/2013 5:44:42 AM
Friends,

any game I have a choice, I play as the female. I would rather watch a chick run around for 50+ hours then some dude.

IN saints row the third, you can adjust Chest size, and thats just funny in its self. Of course, if you go to big, they look like mutants, and your family yells at you if they see them. ( still worth it )

Just more entertainment value, playing a chick. Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.