Why play femshep?

#71cdog21Posted 2/12/2013 8:15:31 AM
Because I've always been a fan of Jennifer Hale. I've loved her sexy voice since I heard for the first time on Spider-Man: TAS.

Though I prefer male Shepard over FemShep.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#72NorthernDruidPosted 2/12/2013 8:36:27 AM
Same reason i'd want to play a War Hero and a Spacer. Same reason someone else might prefer their femshep infiltrator to be a colonist Sole Survivor.

Because it's a roleplaying game, meaning i get to create my own character. I could have something else, but ultimately, i wanted this character. Whom it took years to stop regarding her greatest achievement (the War Hero part) as nothing but a failure.

It's a game designed so that the story can be enjoyed in a number of ways, if you want to play a character who makes choices you would make, then that's okay. I want to play a character who regrets some of her actions.

I'm a roleplayer, i want to roleplay. the ME trilogy lets me do that to some degree, even if i can't make as many choices as i want to in some situations, even if i can't define my backstory any deeper in-game. It does well enough for me anyway.

If you need to ask why play "this kind of character" ?, you might as well ask "Why play anything but the default?"

And i'm sure lots of people played the default shepard and was happy with it. I'm sure a lot people played the default with another class, or another background mix. And i'm sure a lot of people just flipped the gender switch and was happy.

And again a lot of people tried out a lot of options until the hit something they liked, and then each time through played something different.

So as someone made an excelent point of a bit earlier in the thread.

Why play femshep?

Because i wanted to play a female character.

This should be obvious.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/
#73StonedwolfedPosted 2/12/2013 8:55:56 AM
Pezofpower posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
It's a third-person shooter. So, do you want to spend dozens of hours look at male butt or female butt?

You make your choice based on that.

This logic. Teen confirmed. It's not male or female butt. It's pixel butt. Even if you see it as more, to want to stare at one over the other for this reason just means you want to employ yourself sexually onto the game.

Well, "real butt" is just "particle butt" or "carbon butt". I'm adult and live with my g/f. Doesn't stop me being hugely attracted to females.

Best third person game ever for having a female lead character? Saint's Row 2 once you've found Leather & Lace in the underground mall.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#74eaglesarebeastsPosted 2/12/2013 9:57:06 AM
pcmike2 won this topic with his first post.
---
Currently Playing: Darksiders, Sonic Generations
#75Damiand77Posted 2/12/2013 10:06:50 AM
Because FemShep rocks!!!
This thread should be over by now, but I guess everyone is as bored as I am.
#76Rogue MuttPosted 2/12/2013 10:24:51 AM
After I finished my main play-through to 60 in the original ME, I decided to see what it was like. I chose Vanguard, ended up liking its differences from Infiltrator, and enjoyed the voice acting. So, I decided to just carry her through the rest of the games too. Not much more to it than that.
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#77FeatherShardPosted 2/12/2013 12:01:51 PM
Because for the first two games it felt like Mark Meer kinda phoned in his performances. Not sure what changed, but he sounds a lot better in ME3.
---
Dreams aren't paid for with prayer - we pay for them with sacrifice.
]|[Fujin's Eternal Fanboy]|[
#78Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/12/2013 12:25:38 PM
The voice acting for Femshep makes me wince. Females just aren't tough and when they try to act like they are it just fails and in the case of Mass Effect, playing as femshep makes it seem like a kiddie cartoon.

But chicks wanna play as chicks and so do the neckbeards
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#79PezofpowerPosted 2/12/2013 12:26:45 PM
Stonedwolfed posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
It's a third-person shooter. So, do you want to spend dozens of hours look at male butt or female butt?

You make your choice based on that.

This logic. Teen confirmed. It's not male or female butt. It's pixel butt. Even if you see it as more, to want to stare at one over the other for this reason just means you want to employ yourself sexually onto the game.

Well, "real butt" is just "particle butt" or "carbon butt". I'm adult and live with my g/f. Doesn't stop me being hugely attracted to females.

Best third person game ever for having a female lead character? Saint's Row 2 once you've found Leather & Lace in the underground mall.

The point is, the butt isn't real. People, especially ones who advocate playing male over female vice versa for this reason are why we have millions in research dollars wasted trying to find out if video games impact people's lives. Gun violence, crime ect. ect. We all know they don't, but from an outsider perspective all this does is give rise.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#80edgecrusher02Posted 2/12/2013 1:18:58 PM
one of my play thrus was with a femshep. i think a better question is, why not? the fact that they took the time to record dialogue for the entire series with two separate people means that i am going to give them a reason for doing that and try it out. thats dedication on their part to provide a more unique experience. there are even a few lines of dialogue throughout the series that are different because of being female. and the interactions with potential LIs is different too at times.

and for more simplistic reasons... badass chicks with guns is hot. lesbian alien sex is hot.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed