From Ashes or Omega?

#1Angry_Walrus7Posted 2/13/2013 10:38:22 AM
I already have Leviathan, which one is better?
---
Happy is the most awesome person in the world!
#2bessy67Posted 2/13/2013 10:41:05 AM
From Ashes. Omega is fun but it's just all action and very little story. Javik is a great squadmate who has a lot of great dialogue.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3ZERO2936Posted 2/13/2013 10:41:23 AM
From Ashes. Not only is Omega worse, but it also costs more.
#4edgecrusher02Posted 2/13/2013 10:53:17 AM
from ashes because of what it adds to the story, and it gives you a new squad mate you can use through the whole game. and its cheaper. i thought omega was a fun stand alone DLC, but it brings nothing to the actual story.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed
#5GawdDawgsPosted 2/13/2013 11:01:24 AM
It depends on if you've already beat the game, and if so, whether or not you plan on playing it again.

From Ashes is definitely better, but only if you are playing through the campaign. Javik is a great character, but the mission that you get him is pretty lame.

So, if you already beat the game, and only want to play through some added DLC, Omega is the way to go because it's really long and there's lots of gameplay. Story kinda takes a back seat in it though. It's not bad, its just not very important.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#6sheepman23Posted 2/13/2013 11:14:15 AM
From Ashes, but I would still highly recommend Omega - especially if there's a price drop. It's a good 3-4 hours of up-tempo adrenaline-filled action. I really enjoyed it.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#7IrishSpectre_N7Posted 2/13/2013 11:35:29 AM
From Ashes without a doubt. Omega is fun, but it's really nothing special. If it ever goes on sale it'd be worth picking up just to add some variety for your next SP playthrough.
---
PC Gaming
#8MurphysGhostPosted 2/13/2013 1:48:32 PM
From Ashes, and do it as early as you can.

(If you're playing from the end-game point, I wouldn't bother. Start a new game or skip it.)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#93PiesAndAForkPosted 2/13/2013 9:18:12 PM(edited)
Omega is 4-5 hours of non-stop action, I personally think it's worth it just to use Aria for that time.
I played it today for the first time, and did it on Insanity with an engineer. It was fun and challenging because I didn't know anything about it, and ended up dieing 6 or 7 times, it got my adrenaline pumping for a couple of the parts.

/blogfaqs

Never played From Ashes, so can't comment on that. I YouTube'd all of Javik's dialogue.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#10TheLast0neAlivePosted 2/13/2013 9:22:33 PM
They're both equally terrible, boring crap as with the rest of the SP as a whole.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.