My First Platinum clear

#1FynoxPosted 2/14/2013 10:34:30 PM
Some of my friends and I cleared platinum for the first time and I was all like "Ye-ye-ye-ye-yeah!" We fought against the Reapers on Rio and here are the classes we used:

Volus Protector Vanguard (me)

N7 Destroyer

Turian Sentinel

Turian Sabotuer

We hid in the box for a normal waves, went out for objectives and ran like hell back to the box when they were completed. I was boosting like I never had before and my sentinel friend and I were so close to each other that were like butt buddies. We laughed, had fun, and we also made it to the end. Only me and the Destroyer survived the 11th wave.
#2bessy67Posted 2/14/2013 10:38:00 PM(edited)
Rio box of shame really shouldn't count as a platinum match, but I guess if you enjoyed it then whatever.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Fynox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:45:14 PM
Yeah, we're a bunch of noobs, but to us, the reward came from achieving the objectives and not wiping, yes there were credits, but those times proved that we could come out of the box, stare down a brute and say "You ain't got **** on this!" *shield boost*
#4YamatoBeatsPosted 2/15/2013 12:43:23 AM
Now do it for 11 waves and not just 3.
#5Superfluou5Posted 2/15/2013 5:28:27 AM
Platinum is platinum, good job.
---
Gt: BeIlum
(the first L is a capitol i)
#6Finish_th_FightPosted 2/15/2013 6:57:41 AM
Superfluou5 posted...
Platinum is platinum, good job.

Agreed. Pay no mind to those who shun strategy in favor of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Well done.
#7MurphysGhostPosted 2/15/2013 7:25:51 AM
Play on Giant and stay near the LZ, it's still easy and way more fun than that box BS.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#8Fynox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:33:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to doing some more platinum with my bros today, gonna get that Heartbreaker done like it is nobodies business. I'm still surprised we cleared it in the first place, my intent was to have me and one of my friends die miserably in an attempt to rekindle his desire in mass effect multiplayer then go to gold, it worked with one of my other friends, but instead we got as far as wave 6 and died after finishing the objective. At that point we realized that if the two of us alone could reach wave 6, we needed to get the whole gang together. Man, I'll never forget what it was like to see the credits of surviving the 11th wave, I was all like "Where you at!"
#9CorvusXIXPosted 2/15/2013 7:59:44 AM
Congrats on the platinum clear, once you clear it and get over on hard you think it may be (i thought it would be near impossible at first), i never looked back, gold and platinum are where the fun is, silver for leveling/promoting.
---
XBL: RavenGuard19
#10Finish_th_FightPosted 2/15/2013 8:01:42 AM
CorvusXIX posted...
Congrats on the platinum clear, once you clear it and get over on hard you think it may be (i thought it would be near impossible at first), i never looked back, gold and platinum are where the fun is, silver for leveling/promoting.

+1