Possibly new DLC info

#61SolidStryderPosted 2/17/2013 6:09:19 AM
Nafzger posted...
Ryan-06 posted...

Disgusting..
Wow, how ignorant. You take an honest post by bison and replace it with the above. If you're like that in person, thats even worse. So rude. No respect for that. Making metal head folks look bad with your actions. Internet tough man with no consideration for different life experience.

Fine, I'll add my own. music adds to the mood and atmosphere, I always saw it as a huge factor to any film/games mood. 50% maybe.
If Hans Zimmer didn't compose the amazing OSTs for Gladiator and Dark Knight, the films wouldn't have the same emotional weight to it. Its the combo of music and script on screen that makes people cry, depending on how THEY relate their lives to it. People vary.

I had this girlfriend; she died young. During that period I was very depressed- and certain sad music became triggers that made me think, and cry. These days I try avoid those types to prevent such triggers. I had to move on. I'm 25 this year. Yup! I'm a "Wuss confirmed". Classy.

Have some respect. You won't get any back at this rate.

Respect is earned, not given. I never believe any sob stories I read online, because most of the time, somebody is lying to get attention. Even if true, I didn't ask that poster to open up about their personal experiences. They could have simply stated they had been through some hard times and music triggered certain reactions, at which point my post would have been exactly the same. The poster was simply looking for attention; "oh look how bad my life has been". Fishing for sympathies. I definitely don't respect that.

I'm not being an "internet tough guy"., either. You lot throw around buzzwords too much.

Why should they have to defend themselves at all? Plenty of music is created to draw out emotion, or based around very emotional subjects. I find it funny you're complaining about other people simply looking for attention after baiting them to get a response. Life getting lonely bro?
#62Ryan-06Posted 2/17/2013 6:16:34 AM
Good mornin solid. And Pretty much.. He instigated first by saying "what kind of wuss..."

anyway, back to the game!
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
Some white girls melt me like a Particle Rifle i.imgur.com/0Eo5m2h.jpg
#63NafzgerPosted 2/17/2013 6:36:17 AM
The initial post was a jovial one, but there was some truth to it. And it was directed at the composer, because he's the one who said one of the songs is a tearjerker. I find that to be extremely arrogant, if nothing else.

I have had plenty of terrible things happen in my lifetime, but I don't whine about my problems, or share them with every stranger I see. It's none of their business and I don't need, nor want, their faux empathy. So don't go around acting like you're the only person who has had something tragic happen. Not that you're telling the truth anyway.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#64BushidoEffect3Posted 2/17/2013 1:54:11 PM
No shortage of jerks these days. Even when playing ME3 online. No escape. Some nature of the internet.
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#65AdmiralBisonPosted 2/18/2013 1:09:56 AM
Nafzger posted...
AdmiralBison posted...
Nafzger posted...
What kind of wuss cries while listening to music?

*incessant whining*

Yep, that sounds about right.

You know it's actually normal for people to display emotions when certain things trigger it like, food, music, touch. sight etc..

I also mentioned those were in the context of some pretty hard circumstances.

It's a thing called compassion and empathy.
Even the toughest marines can cry when listening to music.

Only psychopaths don't understand this.
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#66AdmiralBisonPosted 2/18/2013 1:28:56 AM(edited)
Nafzger posted...
The initial post was a jovial one, but there was some truth to it. And it was directed at the composer, because he's the one who said one of the songs is a tearjerker. I find that to be extremely arrogant, if nothing else.

I have had plenty of terrible things happen in my lifetime, but I don't whine about my problems, or share them with every stranger I see. It's none of their business and I don't need, nor want, their faux empathy. So don't go around acting like you're the only person who has had something tragic happen. Not that you're telling the truth anyway.

so what are you doing whining about it now?

Also how do you know they are not telling the truth?
If anything it sounds like only you think you have terrible things happen in your life and people who say the same on the Internet are liars.

Going by this

"I have had plenty of terrible things happen in my lifetime, but I don't whine about my problems, or share them with every stranger I see. It's none of their business and I don't need, nor want, their faux empathy"

It sound like you actually do need to whine to somebody who actually cares and has empathy.
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#67CyberCerberusPosted 2/18/2013 2:03:50 AM
The similarity between arguments on the internet and competing in the special olympics suddenly springs to mind.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
I love Gamefaqs' mods.
#68AdmiralBisonPosted 2/18/2013 2:11:56 AM
CyberCerberus posted...
The similarity between arguments on the internet and competing in the special olympics suddenly springs to mind.

They can be emotional experiences :)
---
#69Damiand77Posted 2/18/2013 12:36:46 PM
@BushidoEffect3:
This coming from the douche bag messaging me that I suck.
Yeah, you're a class act.
You are a douche bag, Bushido.
Cheers.