Silver Gear VS Gold Gear

#1KADFCPosted 2/18/2013 11:20:17 AM
I was thinking about maxing out my Silver Gear, but when I look at the bigger picture, would I ever want to equip silver gears over gold gears. Seems a waste of time still buying Vet packs when I can do well in Gold.

So technically speaking, when both silver and gold gear is maxed out, would you still use Silver Gear over Gold most of the time?
#2bloodgod92Posted 2/18/2013 11:23:39 AM
Gear? some of the best gear is common/uncommon... same with weapons too.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#3GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/18/2013 11:27:41 AM(edited)
There are some good silver gears like all of the amps that give +15% damage to a weapon, but I think the gold ones are generally better. I'd go for those.

bloodgod92 posted...

Not true at all. The best gears imo are grenade capacity, stronghold, medi gel transmitter, responder, armored compartments, warfighter, and barrage. All of those are gold.

And all of the common/uncommon weapons suck even more.

---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#4DividerByZeroPosted 2/18/2013 11:26:03 AM
Not really.

Best two Uncommons are Mattock and Eviscerator, and I like the Argus and Piranha more than them; they become outclassed by UR's as well.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#5AarksharkPosted 2/18/2013 11:29:47 AM
DividerByZero posted...
Not really.

Best two Uncommons are Mattock and Eviscerator, and I like the Argus and Piranha more than them; they become outclassed by UR's as well.

Gear, not weapons.

As for the topic... Silver gear vs Gold Gear is situational.

Assault Rifle Gear vs Assault Rifle + X

Do you use X enough to warrant an upgrade? If yes, take the Gold. If no, take the Silver.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#6DividerByZeroPosted 2/18/2013 11:30:29 AM
I figured he meant weapons too. My bad.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/18/2013 11:31:32 AM
bloodgod92 posted...

did you guys not read this part?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#8bloodgod92Posted 2/18/2013 11:37:17 AM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
There are some good silver gears like all of the amps that give +15% damage to a weapon, but I think the gold ones are generally better. I'd go for those.

bloodgod92 posted...

Not true at all. The best gears imo are grenade capacity, stronghold, medi gel transmitter, responder, armored compartments, warfighter, and barrage. All of those are gold.

And all of the common/uncommon weapons suck even more.

Katana, Mantis, Scimitar, Incisor, Locust, Hydrolic Joints, Vulnerability VI, Weapon Amps...

Just some of the commons/uncommons I think are great. I could go onto weapon mods, but almost all of them are awesome.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#9Rogue MuttPosted 2/18/2013 11:38:10 AM
Is Grenade Capacity Uncommon? If not, then I only use Rare Gear.

Stronghold, Operative, Shocktrooper, Warfighter, and Berserker are pretty much the only ones I use.

The small percentage difference between Uncommon and Rare seems pointless when I am gaining an additional bonus with the Rare option.

Plus, there is the fact that I have more Rare Gear than Uncommon Gear unlocked because of the ridiculous drop rate >_>
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!
#10KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 11:40:32 AM
Do you bring Common/Uncommon gear/weapons into Gold/Plat games? If you do, how well did you score? I like the Katana as well, but I got kicked every single time when I tried it on gold. So I never got to test it out. Too afraid to solo gold with Katana ;(