Silver Gear VS Gold Gear

#11code_kirinPosted 2/18/2013 10:40:57 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
Katana, Mantis, <u>Scimitar</u>, Incisor, Locust, Hydrolic Joints, Vulnerability VI, Weapon Amps...

Just some of the commons/uncommons I think are great. I could go onto weapon mods, but almost all of them are awesome.

bolded the ones that are garbage. attempted to underline the one that is mega-garbage.

Weapon mods are obviously good no matter the rarity (with a few exceptions), but most uncommon gears just don't give a big enough boost to warrant losing the double benefits of gold gear.
#12bloodgod92Posted 2/18/2013 10:45:52 AM
code_kirin posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Katana, Mantis, <u>Scimitar</u>, Incisor, Locust, Hydrolic Joints, Vulnerability VI, Weapon Amps...

Just some of the commons/uncommons I think are great. I could go onto weapon mods, but almost all of them are awesome.

bolded the ones that are garbage. attempted to underline the one that is mega-garbage.

Weapon mods are obviously good no matter the rarity (with a few exceptions), but most uncommon gears just don't give a big enough boost to warrant losing the double benefits of gold gear.

That depends on what you are playing/how you play. For instance, a Shadow... you do not really need anything other than Hydrolic Joints...

And the Mantis, despite being a starter weapon is viable in gold...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#13KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:52:17 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
code_kirin posted...
bloodgod92 posted...

That depends on what you are playing/how you play. For instance, a Shadow... you do not really need anything other than Hydrolic Joints...

And the Mantis, despite being a starter weapon is viable in gold...

The first part, that's what I'm currently using! Huh, I think I understand now. Unless I want more medigel or cobras, but that's on preference. So it's pretty much situational huh?

The second part... is that a joke? Am I suppose to take this seriously?
#14infinitexxPosted 2/18/2013 10:57:01 AM
There are a few notable silver gears, but on the whole, you'll generally be using gold. Particularly since in my experience it is easier to max gold gear than silver.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#15sonicpsycho13Posted 2/18/2013 11:07:10 AM
I generally use the Rare Gear, because 2 slightly weaker benefits are often better than one. The only Uncommon Gear I use with any frequency is Adaptive War Amp (+15% Biotic Damage) on the Phoenix Adept and Asari Huntress.
---
XBL GT: SonicDPsycho
If you believe in kenmorr23 (GT: ImNewbieSauce) as your Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig.
#16bloodgod92Posted 2/18/2013 11:13:11 AM(edited)
KADFC posted...

The second part... is that a joke? Am I suppose to take this seriously?

With a Mantis X and Extended barrel on a class with overload, using overload followed by a headshot will finish shielded opponents such as Marauders on gold difficulty. I think it is the fourth best SR for damage after the Javelin and both Widows. Mantis is one of the best weapon in the game, and you start off with it.

**EDIT** I was wrong... forgot the Kishock ;) But despite the Kishock being stronger, the projectile moves slower than the slug from a Mantis, and requires ore skill to use.

Mantis X base damage is greater than Black Widow I base damage.

---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP