Is this Evil or Normal? Gold

#1KADFCPosted 2/19/2013 10:13:34 PM
Entering Gold matches with level 10+ and playing as a supporter. Supporter as in 5+ Revives with 50+ assists? I don't kill much because I don't know how to use the class effectively. Thus, I'm practicing on Gold instead of Silver. It's more practical and the money is WAY better. 30K vs 70K

The down side, I take up space from someone who would do better and probably end the gold match faster than me. Plus, I would die at least 2 times per round. Having them waste their time on me, by reviving, kinda makes me feel unwanted, but hey, it's their choice. Extracting or not is not of any my concern, just the waves are good enough. Those 100 waves on Gold challenges and 100 waves in general, I need to do. So... that's a lot of games. I know what class I'm good at, just not the one that I'm playing with currently.

Is this normal or evil?
#2MG42_CHEFPosted 2/19/2013 10:16:41 PM
Normal. Not everyone is a golden god at the MP. Just try to find a class you like. If you are lacking powerful weapons, save up for one of the weapon packs and hope for a good weapon like the Harrier or Piranha.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#3sir_fredingtonPosted 2/19/2013 10:25:57 PM(edited)
Going down twice in one wave is pretty terrible. I would not bother reviving you. And would probably kick you after.

That said, plenty of people play gold with level 10s.
#4iamdanthamanPosted 2/19/2013 10:23:20 PM
This is the same thing I have been doing lately. I have everything except for URs maxed and I have 4.5 millon saved up for the dlc, so the money isnt really an issue for me, but I am working on n7 mastery, map mastery, and 200 waves challenges for commando, machinist, and outsider, so I have been jumping into gold at as low a level as I can start to contribute. Luckily, I only have 10 more promotions and I'll be done with n7 though, and I'll be able to just keep my classes at level 20.
---
All your base are belong to us
#5GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/19/2013 10:29:44 PM
If you suck that much you should not use low levels on gold.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#6KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:43:36 PM(edited)
If I could, I'd replace the name on top of my head, when you see me, as "Don't Revive Me"

Being kicked or not, that doesn't bother me though. I've yet to play any Silver or Gold games with the same people anyways. I could just join another regardless. I've been kicked out due to lag, now pisses me off

EDIT: At least some of you understand where I'm coming from. I'll stop entering gold matches with low levels... when I get my 60th promotion.
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 2/20/2013 12:02:52 AM
You die over 20 times a game, you only have 6 medi gel, and you don't even want people to revive you. Stop leeching and go play the difficulty that is right for you.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#8SolidDroidPosted 2/20/2013 12:24:50 AM
If your not comfortable with gold just play a tanky class Like a krogan. Use a long range strong weapon like a black widow or ppr if you have it. Just don't play until your lvl 15 or above. You can still help from the back without topping scoreboards. Also play objectives religiously.
#9TheKingOf-KingsPosted 2/20/2013 12:31:09 AM
Evil or normal?

How about just plain bad?
---
I AM CHAMPION CHRISTMAS!
#10SRR CapdownPosted 2/20/2013 2:35:56 AM
So you're basically asking "Is it alright for me to go into a Gold, not get any kills and die a lot?"

Not really, no.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif