I wish there was a cutoff for Bronze...

#21HiyadaPosted 2/20/2013 10:44:47 PM
I love playing Bronze when I what to relax which is most of the time. TC, if you want more to kill, then just play solo. Problem solved.
#22Halo_ForeverPosted 2/21/2013 12:24:43 AM
YamatoBeats posted...
healix posted...
Yes, because rank is a perfect indicator of player skill in this game.

When those 1-120's have nothing other than a Revenant and GPS at level 1 on a Volus Vanguard, it's safe to say they have no skill.

Not fair, at least the ones that you get have rare weapons, I routinely have people with Vindicators, Avenger and Mattock I:s (and if they have a rare it is always either a Widow on a power class or a GPR) who are rocking them on Slayers that are level 13.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#23Mr_PipboyPosted 2/21/2013 1:12:52 AM
CyberCerberus posted...
healix posted...

Rank in combination with challenge points is a perfect way to fairly effectively judge a person's skill in this game. Low N7 rank but with a high challenge point count implies they are familiar with the game and will probably be skilled but just haven't promoted many characters. Low N7 rank with a low challenge point score suggests they they are a) unfamiliar and will probably drag the team down or b) have been away from the game for a while when challenge points were added and haven't accumulated points, which further suggests they may be a bit rusty and unfamiliar anyway.

Regardless, when I host I'll never start a game with anyone with an N7 rank of 0-200, because I'm a c***. I only play gold and platinum, but still..

I like looking up people's manifest and seeing their points per wave. Look at Spectre Mastery. If they haven't completed the first two parts of the challenge, you can see their score per wave. Of course that doesn't take into account how well they work as a team, but its a good baseline.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#24Orange_ApplesPosted 2/21/2013 1:49:13 AM
In bronze? Follow them and learn how to play. Take advantage of the opportunity to see a different class with different powers. MP isn't about the killing but the surviving.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#25Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/21/2013 3:55:07 AM
Raddy8 posted...
I haven't run into many great high levels on bronze yet. Just started playing MP again after several months (finally sat down to play through entire trilogy) and promoted all my classes that had been at 20. I've kept up with nearly every high level I played with. Some were even Vanguards and should have been destroying everything...

You haven't been around much lately have you? Vanguards are not generally considered to be super scorers anymore. While there are masters who can kill everything really quickly on any difficulty setting, the guns and classes that exist in the game now surpass your regular Novaguard. I doubt optimal playing with a Novaguard could really outscore optimal playing with a Ghost + Harrier
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#26Xero_MachariusPosted 2/21/2013 6:51:23 AM
I don't know if you've noticed but TGI's with Harrier X's that DON'T spam overload generally do not score that well, especially on Platinum. Most of their points come from spamming chain overload. Geth Engineers are also extremely easy to build high scores with a flamer turret and chain overload + rank 6 shield damage, you don't even need to fire your weapon or kill much.

Chain Overload = King of the Assist Points.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#27perfusionmanPosted 2/21/2013 7:04:11 AM
SomboSteel posted...
code_kirin posted...
It's ok. I'm just grinding for waves. Enjoy your 11 minute bronze/reaper/glacier matches.

Me too. Stupid tedious challenges lol

This. Commando is still going to take a bajillion hours playing characters that I'm not all that interested in, but at least it won't take two bajillion.
---
Who is this man? He makes crime a career and women a hobby!
#28p0iz3n0usPosted 2/21/2013 7:13:14 AM
CyberCerberus posted...
healix posted...

Rank in combination with challenge points is a perfect way to fairly effectively judge a person's skill in this game. Low N7 rank but with a high challenge point count implies they are familiar with the game and will probably be skilled but just haven't promoted many characters. Low N7 rank with a low challenge point score suggests they they are a) unfamiliar and will probably drag the team down or b) have been away from the game for a while when challenge points were added and haven't accumulated points, which further suggests they may be a bit rusty and unfamiliar anyway.

Regardless, when I host I'll never start a game with anyone with an N7 rank of 0-200, because I'm a c***. I only play gold and platinum, but still..

NO IT IS NOT. Ultimate N00bie would like a word with you.......
---
XBL GT..........Sgt Tethras
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Sgt%20Tethras&platform=xbox (Maxed Manifest since August of 2012)
#29JinteisamaPosted 2/21/2013 7:30:22 AM
I wish there was a cutoff for this game's terrible MP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kYq0k.png
#30Finish_th_FightPosted 2/21/2013 9:20:42 AM
Itís a co-op game.. there is no such thing as Ďsnaking killsí. If you donít want level 20s (or more accurately, people better than you) in the same mission then run private lobbies or solos. There is several reasons for a 20 to play bronze. Challenges, testing new kits/weps, helping to level friends/teach them the game or simply because they want to feel godly.