What's a decent amount of credits to save for Reckoning?

#1HueyFremanPosted 2/21/2013 11:47:21 AM
I see 7 weapons (of unknown rarity) at least 5 characters, and an unknown amount of gear. I already have all of the rare weapons and characters and I'm just missing gear and ultra-rares

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=TheHueyFreeman&platform=ps3

Assumptions:
1. 2-3 weapons are ultra
2. There are 6-8 characters (because they said "and more")
3. There are about 10-15 weapon mods & gears because that seems to keep pace with other DLCs.

I currently have about a mil saved up and only really care about the characters and weapons (rares & uncommons) to start. I figure I can get Reserve packs until I get 1 of each then work on Arsenal packs for weapons.

If I ignore ultra rares because who knows what their rates are, I figure it'll take about 3mil to get 1 of each character and most of the new weapons to X. Anyone have any guesses?
---
Just slam your "cry to mod" button before you bore me to sleep" -meteor9898
#2foodeater4Posted 2/21/2013 11:52:10 AM
Im sure thats fine. Also keep in mind, if bioware wants to stretcht this out like last time, they might only release a character or two a week like the last DLC so youll have time to saev up in between for characters at least.
#3giantqtipzPosted 2/21/2013 11:53:02 AM
i spent 1 million on the arsenal pack yesterday and I got:

Grall spike thrower
Wraith shotgun
Typhoon assault rifle

my face went :D
#4Xero_MachariusPosted 2/21/2013 12:04:56 PM
In the past I spent around 6-8 million on release day and that got me... all rare weapons maxed. all characters maxed. majorifty of gear to lvl 3 or 4. at least 1 of any ultra rare weapons.

I'll probably be dropping around 15 million on release day, unless everything's maxed before that, obviously.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#5CharmilePosted 2/21/2013 12:11:15 PM
It took me about 9 million to max out everything released day one of retaliation, surprisingly mods were last

I'd expect 2.5-3 million would be a good value to get started
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#6DDRPimp123Posted 2/21/2013 12:15:58 PM
I have 12 mil because I was expecting this to come. I am going to miss MP when they stop doing the weekend events.
---
Gamer Tag (Angel Devil 69) Xbox live
Angel-Devil69 and PSN
#7deathscythe257Posted 2/21/2013 12:23:20 PM
Assuming 6 character kits, 7 weapons, 5 weapon mods (for purposes of this calculation at least). Also all options are rare, for sake of this argument, we get:

6 kits x 5 appearance options = 30 cards
7 weapons x 10 upgrades = 70 weapon cards
5 mods x 5 upgrades = 25 mod cards
Total: 125 rare cards total.

Assuming that the RNG gods are in your favor, and you buy proper packs, and since you get 2 golds per pack, we get 62.5 pairs, but round up because we have to, so 63 packs to buy from the store:

63 packs x 99,000 credits = roughly 6,237,000 credits to max out unlocks.

Now that is not taking into account packs that give triple rares, and numerous other things, nor the level IV ammo that may pop up once in a while (generally should never appear as long as you have a gold item to unlock)

Enjoy and good luck!
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#8HueyFreman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:36:41 PM
They just confirmed that all kits will be released at once this time.
---
Just slam your "cry to mod" button before you bore me to sleep" -meteor9898
#9Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/21/2013 1:39:35 PM
ONE MILLION CREDITS

http://juliekenner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dr-evil.jpg
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#10Rogue MuttPosted 2/21/2013 1:54:26 PM
deathscythe257 posted...
Assuming 6 character kits, 7 weapons, 5 weapon mods (for purposes of this calculation at least). Also all options are rare, for sake of this argument, we get:

6 kits x 5 appearance options = 30 cards
7 weapons x 10 upgrades = 70 weapon cards
5 mods x 5 upgrades = 25 mod cards
Total: 125 rare cards total.

Assuming that the RNG gods are in your favor, and you buy proper packs, and since you get 2 golds per pack, we get 62.5 pairs, but round up because we have to, so 63 packs to buy from the store:

63 packs x 99,000 credits = roughly 6,237,000 credits to max out unlocks.

Now that is not taking into account packs that give triple rares, and numerous other things, nor the level IV ammo that may pop up once in a while (generally should never appear as long as you have a gold item to unlock)

Enjoy and good luck!

I was just about to do that math. I'm sitting on 8 million, so I think I should come close to maxing everything.

You should tell that bolded part to 15 odd Rare Gear upgrades I have left to unlock . . .
---
We're here! We play Pokemon! Get used to it!