Why are people proud of doing gold/plat?

#41sheepman23Posted 2/22/2013 10:56:39 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
I like artichoke hearts, onions and bacon. They way the flavors combine, it just melts in your mouth.

*gags*
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#42AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:56:50 AM
@ XXXFLUFF

Definitely the bragging. For the people who understood the point it was trying to be little the people who be little others that think they're amazing at farming in this game. I really dont understand their mentality...

I think it's even more humorous that the people who try to troll on this topic.. but try to paint the picture as if they've done so much for this community.. rofl..

I can assure anyone who see's me in game that i will help anyone out as best as i can regardless of bronze/silver/gold/plat and i wont flame you.
---
I dont give a F*** about anything, I'm so H*gh I wont Remember It
GT: Mr sinister8
#43MurphysGhostPosted 2/22/2013 10:57:35 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I like artichoke hearts, onions and bacon. They way the flavors combine, it just melts in your mouth.

That sounds pretty killer.

And it's Friday, ain't it? Hmm....
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#44EnvironmentsPosted 2/22/2013 10:58:50 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...

I don't think I've even eaten artichoke before...let alone on a pizza.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cWxRj.jpg - Artwork by masterpug53
http://bit.ly/TNqBJH | http://bit.ly/SLsFmd | http://bit.ly/UbY5nR
#45Havoc49JPosted 2/22/2013 11:00:34 AM
AznRatL posted...
II feel if everyone adapted your grain of salt mentality we wont get people flaming each other because their skill levels wont be up to par.

I think the community as a whole couldn't care less what difficulty people play as long as they can contribute. Theres no negative connotation to playing Bronze/Silver. The problem is 50% of the players who enter the upper difficulties can't contribute. These are the people who get flamed for their skill. If everyone stuck to the difficulties they belong in there wouldn't any issues. My take anyways.
#46TheBestFallerPosted 2/22/2013 11:03:05 AM
Havoc49J posted...
AznRatL posted...
II feel if everyone adapted your grain of salt mentality we wont get people flaming each other because their skill levels wont be up to par.

I think the community as a whole couldn't care less what difficulty people play as long as they can contribute. Theres no negative connotation to playing Bronze/Silver. The problem is 50% of the players who enter the upper difficulties can't contribute. These are the people who get flamed for their skill. If everyone stuck to the difficulties they belong in there wouldn't any issues. My take anyways.

Exactly. It's the people who know they can't handle silver/gold, yet do them anyways for the higher payout.
---
I shoulda listened to 'em cause it all made sense, burn the bodies, burn the clothes, burn up all the evidence.
#47AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:04:37 AM
Havoc49J posted...
AznRatL posted...

I can see where you're coming from, because its frustrating carrying book bags all day long i get it. But at the same time everything is a learning curve, the person who sucked at gold/plat this week may be a monster next week all because they were in your game and learning how to do things properly.

I know the way i see things doesnt reflect everyone else but i feel like the good players have to do their part regardless of book bags/ great players. It's the only way as a community everyone benefits.

Good players become better, bad players become good players.
---
#48Xero_MachariusPosted 2/22/2013 11:14:11 AM
AznRatL posted...
manbearpig654 posted...
Who said they were proud?

Probably should have rephrased instead of putting "proud" however it seems like this community especially about MP is turning into completee crap...

I remember when i bought this game on day 1 the community was a bunch of people willing to help each other and just playing together

Now it has become "go back to silver/bronze you suck"
What's up with that?

Have you tried giving random people tips on how to improve their game lately. You're likely to get either no response or malicious messages/ insults over the mic. So unless they're actually willing to improve their game why bother. If they're stepping into a difficulty above their skill level and aren't willing to take some helpful tips so that they're useful then yeah they should go back to whatever difficulty they're comfortable with.

If you're talking about helping people out during gameplay (like covering while doing objectives and such) it still happens, it's just with the introduction of challenges people are more inclined to get those done rather than help out... which is annoying.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#49sir_fredingtonPosted 2/22/2013 11:15:57 AM
You sound like a good kid, TC. But nobody is going to take you seriously with a username like that.
#50AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:16:38 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...
AznRatL posted...
manbearpig654 posted...
Who said they were proud?

Probably should have rephrased instead of putting "proud" however it seems like this community especially about MP is turning into completee crap...

I remember when i bought this game on day 1 the community was a bunch of people willing to help each other and just playing together

Now it has become "go back to silver/bronze you suck"
What's up with that?

Have you tried giving random people tips on how to improve their game lately. You're likely to get either no response or malicious messages/ insults over the mic. So unless they're actually willing to improve their game why bother. If they're stepping into a difficulty above their skill level and aren't willing to take some helpful tips so that they're useful then yeah they should go back to whatever difficulty they're comfortable with.

If you're talking about helping people out during gameplay (like covering while doing objectives and such) it still happens, it's just with the introduction of challenges people are more inclined to get those done rather than help out... which is annoying.

I didnt mean actually go on the mic and give them pointers. I cant speak for everyone else but i know i enjoy watching good players get their flow down and go through their routines. I try to mimic what good players do and what kind of gear they have. This is if i have no prior knowledge of the game.
---