Why are people proud of doing gold/plat?

#71Mr_PipboyPosted 2/22/2013 12:53:18 PM
AznRatL posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
SolidDroid posted...
This is one of the kids who can't beat bronze in that other topic.

Don't worry to much about this guy. He's trying to save money for the DLC and keeps getting kicked after 1 game of gold because he scores @20K with a fully decked out Krogan Vanguard

lulz great responses since you cant answer the question.

If you'd like an actual and direct answer to your question, so be it. Its because its hard. Its hard, its challenging, and overcoming a challenge is rewarding. Because there are greater rewards to be had on the higher difficulties, there are more risks to manage. One of those risks that people in the higher difficulties don't want to have to contend with is a poor team mate. Now, whether that team mate doesn't contribute through malice or ignorance is a non issue, the result is the same.

Some of us learned on our own and through asking questions here on the boards. This was my path. I can assure what I did not do was move up to a hard difficulty when I could not handle the one I was on. I like to think I have taken the lessons I have learned and passed them on to a few gamers for here. On gold this is less of an issue as a good player who PUGs into a gold match treats it like a solo with three decoys. On platinum, this is another beast. Its takes a good group coordination and skill to beat it, and even then, we still fail. There's little room for player error.

If you want to get better, this is a good place to start. Ask if anyone want to show you around the game or see if there is a play group in your timezone. The way you went about it totally wrong however. Attacking other players for what they consider accomplishments? How are you any better?

Tl:DR? The game is hard enough at the higher levels. Players who are not ready, but with good intentions have the same effect as players who are not good and want free stuff.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#72AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:53:51 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
AznRatL posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
SolidDroid posted...

Don't worry to much about this guy. He's trying to save money for the DLC and keeps getting kicked after 1 game of gold because he scores @20K with a fully decked out Krogan Vanguard

If you'd like an actual and direct answer to your question, so be it. Its because its hard. Its hard, its challenging, and overcoming a challenge is rewarding. Because there are greater rewards to be had on the higher difficulties, there are more risks to manage. One of those risks that people in the higher difficulties don't want to have to contend with is a poor team mate. Now, whether that team mate doesn't contribute through malice or ignorance is a non issue, the result is the same.

Some of us learned on our own and through asking questions here on the boards. This was my path. I can assure what I did not do was move up to a hard difficulty when I could not handle the one I was on. I like to think I have taken the lessons I have learned and passed them on to a few gamers for here. On gold this is less of an issue as a good player who PUGs into a gold match treats it like a solo with three decoys. On platinum, this is another beast. Its takes a good group coordination and skill to beat it, and even then, we still fail. There's little room for player error.

If you want to get better, this is a good place to start. Ask if anyone want to show you around the game or see if there is a play group in your timezone. The way you went about it totally wrong however. Attacking other players for what they consider accomplishments? How are you any better?

Tl:DR? The game is hard enough at the higher levels. Players who are not ready, but with good intentions have the same effect as players who are not good and want free stuff.

pizza? lulz.
---
I dont give a F*** about anything, I'm so H*gh I wont Remember It
GT: Mr sinister8
#73YamatoBeatsPosted 2/22/2013 12:54:23 PM
It makes me epeen bigger.

/thread
#74AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:56:30 PM
YamatoBeats posted...

/thread

hahaha. You must have a raging clue.
---
#75Mr_PipboyPosted 2/22/2013 1:00:11 PM
AznRatL posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
AznRatL posted...
Mr_Pipboy posted...
SolidDroid posted...

pizza? lulz.

haha, damn. I told myself I wasn't going to feed the troll. You asked for a direct answer, you got one, you probably didn't like it, either way, I don't care. My values on what is and isn't an accomplishment in the game obviously don't matter to you, so why should yours be any different to me. I feel good about ignore you from here on out. You obviously have nothing important to say.
---
#76YamatoBeatsPosted 2/22/2013 1:05:10 PM
AznRatL posted...
YamatoBeats posted...

/thread

If by raging you mean excruciating and if by clue you mean boner, then yes. Yes, I do.
#77AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:05:44 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
MurphysGhost posted...
So, folks, what should this topic be about?

We already did alcohol.

How bout pizza? What's everyone's favorite pie?

Lately I've been partial to the Hawaiian (ham and pineapple) plus bacon, just 'cuz, ya know, bacon. Absolutely delicious.

I like Pizza. This thread is now about Pizza!

I like artichoke hearts, onions and bacon. They way the flavors combine, it just melts in your mouth.

me = troll when i talk about pizza lulz.
---
#78AznRatL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 1:06:43 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
AznRatL posted...
YamatoBeats posted...

/thread

If by raging you mean excruciating and if by clue you mean boner, then yes. Yes, I do.

haha it was a south park joke.

But yes it gives me 3x e-boner :D.
---
#79terrysmay04Posted 2/22/2013 1:11:52 PM
*comes back from lunch and everyone is still feeding the troll topic*

*leaves disappointed, but not surprised*
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#80Mr_PipboyPosted 2/22/2013 1:13:42 PM
AznRatL posted...
Whaaaa whaaa cry tears I can't justify my arguments against sound reason and logic so I'll attack anything whaa whaa cry tears

Great post, well done.
---