Gold viability?

#11infinitexxPosted 2/22/2013 2:43:01 PM
Justicar works well on any difficulty. In a group setting, Reave is a group primer and detonator, Bubble can apply its own effect, but is obviously short range. On your own, the best means you have of damage is Reave+Warp Ammo.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#12WHLTE_RLDERPosted 2/22/2013 2:47:05 PM
Jormungandr315 posted...
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
Unless you are in my lobby and roll with an Avenger III.

This is going to be a long event weekend.

This.

@OP: the justicar is a fine class. If you do well with her and have fun that's all that matters.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
#13Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/23/2013 1:32:27 AM
I have played through Gold with every character and all weapons are Gold viable if you boost them enough (except maybe for the Vindicator and Valkyrie, don't think I've tried them yet). The Asari Justicar is definitely good on Gold. If you have any Warp Ammo to spare, put it on when you play with her. Reave also stacks on enemies, so just keep casting it. She can also become quite durable and becomes a biotic explosion machine if you have fellow biotics with you.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#14EnvironmentsPosted 2/23/2013 1:36:20 AM
Malzel posted...
There isn't a kit in the game that's not viable on platinum.

---
http://i.imgur.com/cWxRj.jpg - Artwork by masterpug53
http://bit.ly/TNqBJH | http://bit.ly/SLsFmd | http://bit.ly/UbY5nR
#15ghosta2Posted 2/23/2013 1:45:59 AM
Environments posted...
Malzel posted...
There isn't a kit in the game that's not viable on platinum.

This is true only some kits are more viable then others. The Justicar is defiantly on the upper portion of the list.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#16Apl_JPosted 2/23/2013 1:59:19 AM
I tried the CSR on the Justicar in a few games today and she did great, and this was Platinum. Just remember to take area Reave and Warp Ammo.

Both specs of the Bubble are good. A full defense Bubble + Reave gives you a LOT of DR, and if you take the shield regen speed gear and equipment, your shields will always be regenerating. A Warp Bubble requires you to be more mobile, which is definitely easier on gold than plat, and has a decent payoff with explosions.
---
GT: AplJuice
#17BashyMcFetusPosted 2/23/2013 2:14:05 AM
I probably have more gold extractions with the justicar than any other character. She can handle gold quite well.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#18Spartan070Posted 2/23/2013 2:31:04 AM
Justicar imo has more survivability than any Adept, maybe tied with the Shaman. I do seem to notice, as I am making more of a full time transition to Gold as well, that certain characters do remarkably better/worse vs certain factions.

Putting a party together that synergizes well always helps, sometimes tough with randoms with no mic.
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#19Jedi_MercenaryPosted 2/23/2013 2:42:22 AM
Spartan070 posted...
Justicar imo has more survivability than any Adept, maybe tied with the Shaman. I do seem to notice, as I am making more of a full time transition to Gold as well, that certain characters do remarkably better/worse vs certain factions.

Putting a party together that synergizes well always helps, sometimes tough with randoms with no mic.

One of the reasons why I find all non-Demolisher characters to be pretty good on Gold might be that I don't play unknown/unknown. Many classes can be better against some enemies, so taking them against the right faction can make a great difference. Stasis isn't generally that awesome, but it destroys Phantoms (my greatest weakness). Decoy will affect every Geth I care about. Sabotage and Energy Drain are naturally best vs. Geth. Reapers have problems with shieldgating so squishy characters work well. Reapers rely on armor, so you get far with armor busting abilities while ignoring shield busting ones etc.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#20perfect_generalPosted 2/23/2013 3:56:23 AM
The Justicar is a great class for gold; more durable than most adepts but no slouch in dishing out biotic damage (biotic bubble with the rank 6 warp evolution is an excellent biotic primer/detonator in on junction with reave).
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"