Huntress on Gold

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Huntress on Gold

User Info: KADFC

KADFC
4 years ago#1
I did pretty well with this character, however, I was really messing around and kinda leeching, but hey, it worked wonders. I was using a Scorpion, enough said. Anyways, what's a good build for Huntress on Gold?

I've always loved Warp in the past, but with Dark Channel in, I feel like just doing:
Cloak -> DC -> Shoot Twice -> Get Away -> Cloak -> DC -> Shoot Twice, repeat

So, can someone also tell me what DC does because even though I love it, I have no idea how it kills in Gold. It's like... poison? I know what Warp is great against, but is DC not effective on something? I took down Brute and Banshees rather fast, and on gold...

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#2
Dark Channel is a boss-killer. Cloak, throw it on a boss, and let it sit; do NOT be one of the people that spams DC over and over again. After using DC, you can cloak and Warp the target for a nice bioplosion, and then proceed to tear into them with your weapons. I prefer a Wraith on her; with Warp Rounds attached, she'll be doing tons more damage to targets primed by biotics.

Although you can cast DC again to prime a boss for another explosion with Warp, I find this to be somewhat inefficient in the long run, since there's usually a high probability of someone overriding your biotics with a tech power, thus causing Warp to detonate it and not DC.
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: KADFC

KADFC
4 years ago#3
Hmm, I thought I was going to rebuild my Huntress without Warp at all, but now, I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure I don't want cloak at 6, but I would like it at 4 for power

As for Wraith, I have it, but isn't that a shotgun? Thus reducing my recharge even more? I haven't equipped it yet to see the numbers, but I'm pretty sure all shotguns are heavy...

Anyways, any idea on the build? I was thinking on 0/6/6/6/6, but if you have any better ideas, I would like to know. As for DC, I did Damage, Slow, Pierce; Is that good or is there something better?

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
4 years ago#4
6/6/6/5/3 is pretty standard afaik. Some will go full on 6/6/6/6/0.

Skipping Warp isn't a great idea, the debuff is fantastic and with Huntress's huge power damage from cloak is does a nice bit of outright damage.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#5
6/6/6/6/0 is IMO the best non-melee huntress build. Cloak for damage, recharge, power damage; Dark Channel for damage, slow, pierce; warp for detonate, expose pierce, and passive for power damage, power damage, weapon damage. Take a claymore and don't worry about cooldown since cloak negates cooldowns. Cloak, DC, fire, cloak, warp.
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#6
This is the build I use:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/AsariHuntress/PLQID/Wraith4AM5AO5////AdaptiveWarAmp5/

There are a few alternatives to this. For instance, you could take Bonus Power instead of Power Damage at Rank 6 of TC; this will allow you to cloak, use DC, and detonate it with Warp all in one cloak. I actually really like that build, but this one maximizes the damage of DC.

The Wraith shouldn't affect your recharge speeds too much since it's a lighter shotgun. That being said, cooldowns don't matter much on Infiltrators due to TC, so don't be afraid to equip a heavier shotgun if you want.
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

infinitexx
4 years ago#7
I too prefer Wraith to Claymore, but both work. Raider as well I suppose, but the range bothers me.

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#8
KADFC posted...
Anyways, any idea on the build? I was thinking on 0/6/6/6/6, but if you have any better ideas, I would like to know. As for DC, I did Damage, Slow, Pierce; Is that good or is there something better?

For the love of God, how can you even be considering skipping cloak?
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: gunhole

gunhole
4 years ago#9
straight damage + melee or GTFO

(note: only halfway serious )....
*gamertag

infinitexx
4 years ago#10
bessy67 posted...
KADFC posted...

For the love of God, how can you even be considering skipping cloak?

Huh, I just figured he meant no Warp and numbered them wrong. Yeah, skipping Cloak would be crazier than skipping Warp.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Huntress on Gold

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived