Huntress on Gold

#1KADFCPosted 2/23/2013 8:07:09 PM
I did pretty well with this character, however, I was really messing around and kinda leeching, but hey, it worked wonders. I was using a Scorpion, enough said. Anyways, what's a good build for Huntress on Gold?

I've always loved Warp in the past, but with Dark Channel in, I feel like just doing:
Cloak -> DC -> Shoot Twice -> Get Away -> Cloak -> DC -> Shoot Twice, repeat

So, can someone also tell me what DC does because even though I love it, I have no idea how it kills in Gold. It's like... poison? I know what Warp is great against, but is DC not effective on something? I took down Brute and Banshees rather fast, and on gold...
#2sheepman23Posted 2/23/2013 8:11:43 PM
Dark Channel is a boss-killer. Cloak, throw it on a boss, and let it sit; do NOT be one of the people that spams DC over and over again. After using DC, you can cloak and Warp the target for a nice bioplosion, and then proceed to tear into them with your weapons. I prefer a Wraith on her; with Warp Rounds attached, she'll be doing tons more damage to targets primed by biotics.

Although you can cast DC again to prime a boss for another explosion with Warp, I find this to be somewhat inefficient in the long run, since there's usually a high probability of someone overriding your biotics with a tech power, thus causing Warp to detonate it and not DC.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#3KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:49:31 PM
Hmm, I thought I was going to rebuild my Huntress without Warp at all, but now, I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure I don't want cloak at 6, but I would like it at 4 for power

As for Wraith, I have it, but isn't that a shotgun? Thus reducing my recharge even more? I haven't equipped it yet to see the numbers, but I'm pretty sure all shotguns are heavy...

Anyways, any idea on the build? I was thinking on 0/6/6/6/6, but if you have any better ideas, I would like to know. As for DC, I did Damage, Slow, Pierce; Is that good or is there something better?
#4infinitexxPosted 2/23/2013 8:53:31 PM
6/6/6/5/3 is pretty standard afaik. Some will go full on 6/6/6/6/0.

Skipping Warp isn't a great idea, the debuff is fantastic and with Huntress's huge power damage from cloak is does a nice bit of outright damage.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#5bessy67Posted 2/23/2013 8:54:44 PM(edited)
6/6/6/6/0 is IMO the best non-melee huntress build. Cloak for damage, recharge, power damage; Dark Channel for damage, slow, pierce; warp for detonate, expose pierce, and passive for power damage, power damage, weapon damage. Take a claymore and don't worry about cooldown since cloak negates cooldowns. Cloak, DC, fire, cloak, warp.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6sheepman23Posted 2/23/2013 9:01:19 PM(edited)
This is the build I use:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/AsariHuntress/PLQID/Wraith4AM5AO5////AdaptiveWarAmp5/

There are a few alternatives to this. For instance, you could take Bonus Power instead of Power Damage at Rank 6 of TC; this will allow you to cloak, use DC, and detonate it with Warp all in one cloak. I actually really like that build, but this one maximizes the damage of DC.

The Wraith shouldn't affect your recharge speeds too much since it's a lighter shotgun. That being said, cooldowns don't matter much on Infiltrators due to TC, so don't be afraid to equip a heavier shotgun if you want.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#7infinitexxPosted 2/23/2013 8:55:28 PM
I too prefer Wraith to Claymore, but both work. Raider as well I suppose, but the range bothers me.
---
#8bessy67Posted 2/23/2013 8:55:34 PM
KADFC posted...
Anyways, any idea on the build? I was thinking on 0/6/6/6/6, but if you have any better ideas, I would like to know. As for DC, I did Damage, Slow, Pierce; Is that good or is there something better?

For the love of God, how can you even be considering skipping cloak?
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9gunholePosted 2/23/2013 8:56:22 PM
straight damage + melee or GTFO

(note: only halfway serious )....
---
*gamertag
#10infinitexxPosted 2/23/2013 8:57:41 PM
bessy67 posted...
KADFC posted...

For the love of God, how can you even be considering skipping cloak?

Huh, I just figured he meant no Warp and numbered them wrong. Yeah, skipping Cloak would be crazier than skipping Warp.
---