No way to play Omega? *spoilers*

#1TimJabPosted 2/23/2013 7:38:11 PM
I just bought Omega after hearing about the new DLC and loaded it up to play. Small problem though, I don't have any saves prior to the Citadel being moved over Earth.

Is there seriously no way for me to do this mission? I don't want to play through the game all over again just to play it. Thanks for stealing my money Bioware.
#2TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:51:09 PM
Bummed that I won't be able to play Citadel either, but at least I won't waste money on it.

How could they have such a crappy system? Just let me start Omega from the main menu or something.
#3Eamon696Posted 2/23/2013 7:52:08 PM
You're seriously blaming Bioware?
#4xKryptonKnightxPosted 2/23/2013 7:54:48 PM
Beating the game sends you back just before you attack the Cerberus base.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#5PsyrenCallPosted 2/23/2013 7:55:42 PM
Beat the game, you'll default back to a pre Cerberus assault state.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#6Orange_ApplesPosted 2/23/2013 7:56:01 PM
beat the game.
game goes to a point before the Cerberus HQ mission.
???
Profit.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#7TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:56:18 PM
Yes?

How was I supposed to know there would be a point of no return when there wasn't one in the past 2 games? How am I supposed to know that storming Cronos Station is the PoNR when it's obviously not the last mission? Why would you set the endgame to trigger prior to the player ordering the fleets to Earth? I haven't played the game in months, I don't remember where exactly my save files are, and I'm not starting a new game and playing 50 hours just to play the DLC. It's ****ing stupid.
#8TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:57:02 PM
Oh thank God. Thanks to the three people that answered.

Now I just have to stomach the awful ending again.
#9Eamon696Posted 2/23/2013 8:01:53 PM
TimJab posted...
Yes?

How was I supposed to know there would be a point of no return when there wasn't one in the past 2 games? How am I supposed to know that storming Cronos Station is the PoNR when it's obviously not the last mission? Why would you set the endgame to trigger prior to the player ordering the fleets to Earth? I haven't played the game in months, I don't remember where exactly my save files are, and I'm not starting a new game and playing 50 hours just to play the DLC. It's ****ing stupid.

There was a point of no return in ME1 aswell.

Also, doesn't Admiral Hacket make it clear, that an attack on Cerberus would be the first stage of an attack on Earth?
#10xKryptonKnightxPosted 2/23/2013 8:03:32 PM
TimJab posted...
Yes?

ME1: Illos

ME2: well this one's obvious enough
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx