No way to play Omega? *spoilers*

#41TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:24:50 PM
Trying to save face by turning it into a troll topic confirmed.

Trying to save face in front of a bunch of nerds? Why would I care about how I'm perceived by a bunch of people who are clearly blind and can't see that Bioware is at fault and apparently slept through the last two hours of the game?
#42PsyrenCallPosted 2/24/2013 1:42:13 PM
TimJab posted...
XFD did any of you pay attention at all to the storyline? Why would the Reapers do the favor of moving the only weapon capable of destroying them into the battle?

All of a sudden this thread took a massive turn down an ironic path.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#43Mr_arizonaPosted 2/24/2013 1:51:03 PM
TimJab posted...
deal with it.

If you took your own advice this topic would not be necessary.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#44Mystery_CooperPosted 2/24/2013 2:08:39 PM
Trying to save face in front of a bunch of nerds? Why would I care about how I'm perceived by a bunch of people who are clearly blind and can't see that Bioware is at fault and apparently slept through the last two hours of the game?

Now, now. Pathetic attempts at insults and projection won't get you anywhere.
---
its literally been a day and you want to quickban something. i thought it was quickban not usainboltban. - ballabrown24 from Smogon
#45andyt73Posted 2/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#46TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 2:43:03 AM
The prothean V.I clearly states the reapers have moved the citadel to the Sol system so they can protect it,

LOL that makes a ton of sense. We need to protect the Citadel, let's put it in orbit of the home planet of the strongest species in the galaxy.
#47BrokenGruntyPosted 2/25/2013 5:04:20 AM
TimJab posted...
The prothean V.I clearly states the reapers have moved the citadel to the Sol system so they can protect it,

LOL that makes a ton of sense. We need to protect the Citadel, let's put it in orbit of the home planet of the strongest species in the galaxy.

Are you sure you're playing the same ME3 that we were? Human's weren't the strongest species in the galaxy, the Krogan's were the strongest but the strongest Military might were the Turian's. (and the Reapers blasted them rather well) This might help explain why the Reapers moved the Citadel.

Begin tl;dr rant.

The Reapers have held Earth for longer than all the other species home planets, save Batarian's, so moving it to where there is a strong Reaper presence makes sense. This also has the added benefit of making the allied forces attack before they were really ready.

Let me try to explain. The knowledge that the Citadel is the missing Catalyst is now known to the Allied Forces. However, up until this point, none of the species in this fleet have had a chance to really fight next to one another as a unified force and the assault on Cerberus Headquarters was handled by Alliance (Human) personnel only. So the first chance that any of these groups really get to fight together outside of special ops missions is the final mission of ME3.

An example of this would be you and some stranger are suddenly thrust into a fight against multiple opponents. Neither one of you knows how the other person will act or even if the other person is skilled in any kind of fighting. Will he/she guard your back or just rush in? Will he/she get in the way of an attack you want to make and you hit your only ally? Now multiply those questions by thousands (as well as some others) and throw in some ancient enmity between species and you have a powder keg that could hurt the Allies in the long run.

Hackett is enough of an Admiral that he would try to plan for those contingencies but anything can happen on the field of battle. Forcing the Allies to fight before they were ready will cause the Allies to have more casualties they really want.

Another reason to move the Citadel is to "gain the high ground". What I mean by this is that the Citadel is the target of the Allies advance so all the Reapers have to do is position themselves in between the Citadel and the Allies and make them fight "uphill" through a bunch of Reapers. Alliance attack options are limited since the overall target is the Citadel and Reapers can do all sorts of blocking measures since they know that the Alliance is targeting the Citadel. Since it takes more Allied ships to destroy or incapacitate a Reaper than it does for a Reaper to destroy an Ally ship, the losses by the Allies would be astounding. Add in the fact that the Citadel is closed so the ground forces have nothing to do until breaching operations are over and are currently useless.

If the Alliance figured out about the transport beam that leads into the closed Citadel (which they did since Anderson told us), the ground forces will get chewed up on the way down to Earth since those are even easier to destroy in the lightly armored shuttles. Which is exactly what happened since 2/3's of Hammer didn't make it to the rendezvous and made things more difficult. Which also leads to morale problems for the Alliance but I'm starting to run out of room in this rant.

End tl;dr rant.
#48giantblimpN7Posted 2/25/2013 5:25:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7jgXW.gif
---
http://i.imgur.com/zSHmk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NtVRr.jpg
#49TimJab(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 11:19:35 AM
Human's weren't the strongest species in the galaxy

Not even gonna bother reading the rest of the post from somebody who thinks this
#50deathscythe257Posted 2/25/2013 11:30:33 AM
TimJab posted...
XFD did any of you pay attention at all to the storyline? Why would the Reapers do the favor of moving the only weapon capable of destroying them into the battle?

so a few things, hopefully not turning into a rant

- Umm You dont get it. They established in previous cycles the reapers seize the citadel first to cut the lines of galatic communcation, why they didn't do it first in this game is beyond me (lazy writing/plothole, take your pick)

- They use the citadel as part of their harvesting process, when you race to the conduit/tractor beam near the end of priority earth, you notice they are taking humans up to the citadel to begin processing them

- If the citadel is part of the solution to kill them, wouldnt it make sense to take control of it and put it under the highest level of security (basically by harbinger's side)

- That aside, the game clearly tells you that starting priority: Cerberus (or whatever its called) is a point of no return.

- Finally, its not a big deal, just beat the game, and it will automatically load you back to a point where you can explore and do any remaining missions...
---
Yes, this is a signature.