Geth Turret question?

#1openmindedhaterPosted 2/24/2013 9:57:19 AM
For ranks 4, 5, and 6 is healing or damage better?
---
GT:XGN Caboosie
PSN:Caboose-Tookie
#2bessy67Posted 2/24/2013 9:59:03 AM
I prefer damage/flamethrower. The turret still heals when you cast it even with the damage build, and the extra shields/damage/flamethrower on the turret will help draw aggro, damage enemies and prime the occasional fire explosion.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3openmindedhater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:02:01 AM
Nice, thank you!
---
#4sheepman23Posted 2/24/2013 10:02:49 AM
I always go with the offensive Geth Turret build. Unlike Sentry Turret, the geth version has a much better AI that will consistently attack; the Flamethrower also does a better job of priming targets for fire explosions with Overload. It also has such a low cooldown that if I'm really in the need of a quick shield gate restore, I can plop the turret down right next to me and let it fill me up.

Defensive turret is still good, I just think that the offensive one synergizes extremely well with Overload.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5openmindedhater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:14:01 AM
lol i dont spec into overload, I guess I can change this into a good build topic. Ideas?
---
#6WatermelonFartsPosted 2/24/2013 10:21:15 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/65391524
---
http://strawpoll.me/7795
vote for the next DLC character guide
#7sheepman23Posted 2/24/2013 10:27:26 AM
openmindedhater posted...
lol i dont spec into overload, I guess I can change this into a good build topic. Ideas?

6/6/6/5/3. You're going for full power damage, basically - the only exception is Rank 4 of Overload, where I take the Chain evolution instead of Damage. Throw down the Turret in a high-traffic area, and Overload enemies that are caught in the flames. Most of the time this should produce a fire explosion, but not always.

Three ranks of Advanced Hardware should be enough. If you use a Multicapacitator or Shield Power Cells, you can get an even shorter delay before shields recharge.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8openmindedhater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:35:46 AM
Thank you Mr. Watermelon and Mr. Sheep :)
---
#9code_kirinPosted 2/24/2013 10:44:27 AM
I've started doing damage/heal/flamethrower for turret. The reason iavthat flamethrower does very crappy damage anyway. Losing 40% or whatever it is on such a small number just doesnt matter in the end. Flamethrower is to prime fire explosions and to distract. The middle healing rank increases the effective range as well as shields restored, so it's not a bad tradeoff.

Personally I leave overload at 5 for Neural Shock. The last rank in networked AI is important to me because I use geth plasma shotgun, and honestly I don't miss the extra shield damage all that much. GPS still reliably one shots stuff after an overload either way.
#10kamikazeman41Posted 2/24/2013 10:58:31 AM
I agree above, big fan of 1 chain overload with neural shock and extra damage, helps me go against any class but yeah offensive turret is worth it since the turret will still heal. GL!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10