The council could've known about the reapers all along (citadel dlc speculation)

#1pcmike2Posted 2/24/2013 9:55:18 PM
We supposedly go to the "top-secret council archives", maybe there we could read some files on what they did with soveriegns remains.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2MoskidoPosted 2/24/2013 9:56:47 PM
Sounds plausible.
---
FC Black 2: 2752 8681 7430
"Lebron James finally got a ring. Anything can happen now, I guess." - Myself.
#3wallacebreenPosted 2/24/2013 10:08:08 PM
I forgot their explanation in ME2, but.... why didn't they realize the Reapers were real by examining Sovereign's wreckage?
---
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining"
#4Mystery_CooperPosted 2/24/2013 10:09:34 PM
I think it was something along the lines of "what little we found of it wasn't enough to prove what you say is true".
---
Brawl was released a year ago and it does everyone Melee does but better. - LunaOrngeCrush5
#5Mellow_RGPosted 2/24/2013 10:17:17 PM
http://guides.gamepressure.com/masseffect/gfx/word/-2060212578.jpg

What does that map remind you of?
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#6metroidman92Posted 2/24/2013 10:22:05 PM
wallacebreen posted...
I forgot their explanation in ME2, but.... why didn't they realize the Reapers were real by examining Sovereign's wreckage?

I think Andrew Ryan said something along the lines of, "There's no evidence to suggest Sovereign was not a Geth creation."

It was essentially the Council being their typical selves.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#7Halo_ForeverPosted 2/25/2013 12:29:48 AM(edited)
wallacebreen posted...

Because they had to be written as some of the most oblivious morons ever so that Cerberus would seem like a sensible idea in ME2.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#8phoenix52Posted 2/25/2013 12:40:21 AM
Or because being attacked by one advanced warship doesn't mean that the same thing has been happening on a much larger scale for millennia, especially when you're currently at war with a race of A.I.'s whose technological capabilities are unknown. Unless I'm forgetting something about Sovereign interacting or speaking with the Council, there isn't really anything conclusively linking him to the legend.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#9Halo_ForeverPosted 2/25/2013 2:58:56 AM
phoenix52 posted...
Or because being attacked by one advanced warship doesn't mean that the same thing has been happening on a much larger scale for millennia, especially when you're currently at war with a race of A.I.'s whose technological capabilities are unknown. Unless I'm forgetting something about Sovereign interacting or speaking with the Council, there isn't really anything conclusively linking him to the legend.

Mainly the fact that he is capable of doing things that are far beyond the other Geth ships, despite his mass making them even more unlikely for him to perform. Sovereign flew straight through a damn Alliance cruiser, there wasn't a current cycle ship capable of doing that.

It leaves a few options, every single one of them meaning that the council cannot adopt a "lalalala"-stance and survive.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#10NafzgerPosted 2/25/2013 4:06:19 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
phoenix52 posted...

Mainly the fact that he is capable of doing things that are far beyond the other Geth ships, despite his mass making them even more unlikely for him to perform. Sovereign flew straight through a damn Alliance cruiser, there wasn't a current cycle ship capable of doing that.

It leaves a few options, every single one of them meaning that the council cannot adopt a "lalalala"-stance and survive.

I'm guessing you just briefly skimmed over phoenix's bit about "a race of A.I.s whose technological capabilities are unknown"
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher