Booting on Silver.

#1The D0CT0RPosted 2/25/2013 6:31:14 PM
C'mon people. You're rolling with a level 20 with nothing but X gear yet you're booting people on Silver? Especially when the game before they joined session with their mighty Graal I and carried your team, reviving you a dozen times and basically soloing waves for you? One would think that you would be thankful that this lowbie player joined up and saved you from a Silver wipe numerous times. But I suppose the embarrassment of it is enough to start voting to kick once back in the lobby.

It's hilarious.
"Why are you voting to kick me? I was #1 last game."
"You have **** gear, go play Bronze noob."
"Right. The noob that carried you last game with his low level stuff is nowhere near good enough to play with a couple of douches that have sunk a thousand hours into the game but are still popping all of their medigels by wave 6 on Silver."

Normally I wouldn't BlogFAQs about this kind of thing. But I've come across this stuff at least 2-3 times a day since I've started playing this game. Usually it's players a little lower level than me getting booted since I guess my N7 rating is right on that verge of being considered acceptable by your average elitist dork. But either way, you should be able to solo Silver at this point if you're someone that's been playing a ton with lots of good gear and characters. Booting on Gold/Plat I can understand, but Bronze/Silver? Give me a break.
---
Green Lantern of the Comics Board
I have never watched Dr. Who.
#2ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 2/25/2013 6:37:34 PM
i get this constantly while using my melee geth infiltrator.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#3BalkerosPosted 2/25/2013 6:41:00 PM
People will boot you for anything. Being too good, having worse gear than them, having better gear than them, etc. It's really prevalant on silver where all the apparent 'tryhard' players are(hate that term.)
---
GT: AtomicCowTurd / PSN: SpecineffTheSin
Sleep on through the night, because nothing's gonna be alright.
#4Spartan070Posted 2/25/2013 6:44:51 PM
There are probably players out there who have played 900 hours all on Bronze and Silver and have Black Widow X's and such. It's almost impossible to gauge skill based solely on N7 lvl, Challenge Points and arsenal.

Pretty much the only time I'm 100% sure someone is a badass right from the lobby is when I see one of three banners: Lone Wolf, Map Mastery and of course, Best of the Best.
---
Gamertag: grvmnd
#5TheFeshPincePosted 2/25/2013 6:45:38 PM
*Votes to kick TC*
#6The D0CT0R(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:52:31 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
*Votes to kick TC*

"I don't suck I promise!"
*Gets booted*
</the story of my ME3 multiplayer career.>
---
Green Lantern of the Comics Board
I have never watched Dr. Who.
#7KADFCPosted 2/25/2013 7:08:07 PM
Spartan070 posted...
There are probably players out there who have played 900 hours all on Bronze and Silver and have Black Widow X's and such. It's almost impossible to gauge skill based solely on N7 lvl, Challenge Points and arsenal.

Pretty much the only time I'm 100% sure someone is a badass right from the lobby is when I see one of three banners: Lone Wolf, Map Mastery and of course, Best of the Best.

I would agree except for Map Mastery. You don't have to be good to get that. Experience enough waves, yes, but not really a pro at the game.

With that said, they should really have a banner for people would can get over 120K on Gold/Plat. Not everyone can do that. I don't think I ever can.
#8twinstarnumber1Posted 2/25/2013 7:48:10 PM
KADFC posted...
Spartan070 posted...

I would agree except for Map Mastery. You don't have to be good to get that. Experience enough waves, yes, but not really a pro at the game.

With that said, they should really have a banner for people would can get over 120K on Gold/Plat. Not everyone can do that. I don't think I ever can.

Uh, Map Mastery is the only banner that denotes any skill. It's way more indicative than Lone Wolf. All that proves is someone can solo two gold games with a TGI or Krogan Vanguard. If you suck at the game it takes a while but is one of the easiest and fastest banners you can get (people where sporting them the day banners came out). You have to play a ton of gold games on every map to get Map Mastery, you can't leach your way through all of those games, you have to pick up some sort of skill and equipment. All a 120K banner would need is rockets and grenades, anyone could do that if they wanted.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#9DXLR8RPosted 2/25/2013 8:16:04 PM
It really is pathetic, but I guess for a lot of people in this game, Silver is their ceiling. As crazy as it sounds to me at least.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 2/25/2013 8:16:44 PM
I was soloing with the geth trooper on bronze for lulz.

Wave 9: 3 people popped in. I didn't care I was gonna finish anyway. We finish and full extraction, blah blah blah. We get to the lobby and they kick me from my own room... On bronze...

Sometimes people just don't make sense. For your sanity it is better to not try to figure it out.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.