How difficult is gold?

#1LV223Posted 2/27/2013 5:43:57 AM
Just got back into the game and haven't played since I first finished it. I'm going for all the achievements and am wondering if it is easier to complete every mission on insanity or to beat the original maps on gold?
#2charon78auPosted 2/27/2013 6:08:07 AM(edited)
Beating the original maps on gold will be quicker, and IMO, easier too.
Get a few people from here to help you. Shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I should clarify, gold enemies in MP are tougher than SP insanity enemies. Doesn't change my recommendation though.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#3big_lo1836Posted 2/27/2013 6:11:37 AM
charon78au posted...
Beating the original maps on gold will be quicker, and IMO, easier too.
Get a few people from here to help you. Shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I should clarify, gold enemies in MP are tougher than SP insanity enemies. Doesn't change my recommendation though.

I agree with Charon on this one, especially if you enjoy the MP. Quicker, and more fun than insanity IMO.
---
Currently playing: ME3, GoW2, Twilight Princess
#4CobraKingKillerPosted 2/27/2013 6:14:30 AM
You might as well do the SP missions on Insanity, since beating the game on Insanity is an achievement anyway. Might as well get em both.
---
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
- Tyler Durden
#5chill 02Posted 2/27/2013 6:42:02 AM
CobraKingKiller posted...
You might as well do the SP missions on Insanity, since beating the game on Insanity is an achievement anyway. Might as well get em both.

I think it's either finish SP on insanity or the six original maps on gold.
---
I should go.
#6casedawgzPosted 2/27/2013 6:46:57 AM
chill 02 posted...
CobraKingKiller posted...

I think it's either finish SP on insanity or the six original maps on gold.

It's not just finish the game, I think you need to complete every mission as well. Priority, Side Quests, and N7 missions i believe.