Greater Chance for Getting New Characters?

#1Z0MBIESwithAIDSPosted 2/28/2013 2:45:58 PM
Did Bioware increase the odds of getting new characters out of Reserve Packs? My first Reserve Pack netted me a Geth Juggernaut and the Alliance Infiltration Unit, and the second got me another AIU and the Krogan Warlord. I haven't gotten close to maxing out the other kits (apart from the starting Human classes, I think the only kit that I've maxed all the appearance options for is the Krogan Soldier), so this seemed more than just random luck. Anybody else have similar experiences?
#2orangeneePosted 2/28/2013 3:21:09 PM
Possibly. Then again they've been chucking out UR upgrades a fair bit.

I got two Collector cards in one RP earlier as well.

I think the RNG has gone mad.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3iamdanthamanPosted 2/28/2013 3:42:58 PM
UR characters are not the same as UR weapons. I think they.are a little more rare than regular characters, but I'm not even sure about that. I got the collector 3 times before I even got the warlord once.
---
All your base are belong to us
#4charon78auPosted 2/28/2013 3:55:48 PM
Semi-related: Do the arsenal and reserve packs have a higher drop rate for UR weapons?
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#5orangeneePosted 2/28/2013 7:13:07 PM
Reserve packs seem fairly more inclined to give you UR weapons than arse packs.

SPs too.

PSPs are fairly whimsical.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#6PhilOnDezPosted 2/28/2013 8:07:27 PM
A large sample size put PSPs and SPs at about 6% for UR drops while a much smaller sample put RPs and APs at 11%, for whatever that's worth. I'm probably just going to start buying a Spectre pack after every game now that I have all the characters unlocked, I've heard that they give a lot of level 3 consumables though I've never actually bought one hehe.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/28/2013 8:24:37 PM
I unlocked the Krogan Warlord from a free Gift Pack in the Shop (dunno if that was given out to commemorate the MP DLC), and the first Reserve Pack that I purchased netted me the Batarian Slasher (which I had yet to unlock) and the Geth Juggernaut, so yay. :D
#8TheFeshPincePosted 2/28/2013 9:56:21 PM
Lord of Nightmares posted...
I unlocked the Krogan Warlord from a free Gift Pack in the Shop (dunno if that was given out to commemorate the MP DLC), and the first Reserve Pack that I purchased netted me the Batarian Slasher (which I had yet to unlock) and the Geth Juggernaut, so yay. :D

lucky
#9Lord of NightmaresPosted 2/28/2013 10:52:28 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better I have yet to unlock any of the new URs, and I really want that Awakened Collector.