Demolisher on Gold.

#1beaubearPosted 2/28/2013 9:56:28 PM
Almost every time I try playing gold with my Demolisher before i even load into the lobby I'll normally have 1 vote to kick me. The weapons I use are a Harrier III and a Javelin I. My N7 rank is over 1500 so that shouldent be a problem. Also I normally rank either first or second for score so i don't see anything wrong with it. (I know score is not a true showing of skill/usefullness in a match but its really all there is to go by). Is there something horrible wrong with this setup that I'm just not seeing?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
GT "bearbeau" PNS "bearbeau"
#2bessy67Posted 2/28/2013 9:59:22 PM(edited)
I prefer to keep my cooldown relatively low so I can keep resetting the supply pylon to get grenades faster, but I'd guess it's your challenge points (if they're low) that get people to kick you.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3PhilOnDezPosted 2/28/2013 10:00:14 PM
What's your cooldown for supply pylon? That load out sounds heavy enough to bottom out your cooldown which isn't a good idea. I feel like she's ok with 1 heavy weapon but a medium-heavy and a heavy just sounds like too much.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4beaubear(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:00:55 PM
My challenge points are around 2k. I don't have this problem when i play any other class.
---
#5Havoc49JPosted 2/28/2013 10:01:04 PM
Drop the Javelin and your setup is good. Cool down does matter on the Demolisher.

I personally dislike Demolishers because people generally stay in one place with them slowing down the game. They also use up a lot of the teams grenade budget. That said, its still a decent class. I wouldn't 't boot you .
#6beaubear(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:03:19 PM
The cooldown is at -200%. I've never really found resetting the pylon to be extremely effective so I just stick with the weapons that I find work best on her.
---
#7ZubulPosted 2/28/2013 10:04:33 PM
bessy67 posted...
I prefer to keep my cooldown relatively low so I can keep resetting the supply pylon to get grenades faster, but I'd guess it's your N7 level or challenge points that get people to kick you.

This is basically what I was going to say.

While the Demolisher is a grenade class, you need to keep the Supply Pylon out pretty freqeuntly. It's best to use the Harrier, because it (apparently) syncs with the Supply Pylon's ammo refresh in some way or another. Ideally, a Demolisher should be using only the Harrier, but I've seen good Demolishers using the Falcon and the Krysae for spreading ammo effects.
---
Tom Brady for NFL MVP!
GT: I Am Torx
#8longnutsPosted 2/28/2013 10:07:07 PM
The grenades make the demolisher class shine, not the weapons.

Drop the Javelin, I run my demolisher with only a harrier, and by the time my pylon cools down, the original one spits out 2 more grenades, then I plant another one and get 4 each time.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play, but that seems to me to be the optimal way to play.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#9sheepman23Posted 2/28/2013 10:07:30 PM
beaubear posted...
The cooldown is at -200%. I've never really found resetting the pylon to be extremely effective so I just stick with the weapons that I find work best on her.

At the very least, keep your cooldown above 0%. Spam Supply Pylon in every second that you're idle, and you'll end up getting a lot more grenade restocks. You also won't dry up the ammo boxes in case any of your teammates have grenades.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#10gangoplushPosted 2/28/2013 10:08:30 PM
I wouldn't kick you. This game has a lot of elitist people who will kick you if you don't play how they want you to.