Kroguard on Gold

#21deathscythe257Posted 3/1/2013 10:43:13 AM
KADFC posted...
I'm at a lost on how to use Kroguard on Gold. Is the main point just to have enough hp/shield to survive on the onslaught and not go rambo with charge? So, what I'm really doing is, staying in the back, firing and reviving people?

I tried to ramboing a Brute. That's okay. Ramboing an Atlus. I win if there's only 1 around and there aren't any phantoms nearby. I tried ramboing a Prime... might need a few Ops. Tried ramboing a Banshee, sync kill. Tried ramboing a Praoetion (sp?) sync kill. Tried ramboing a Phantom, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose with a sync kill.

Can someone please tell me the strategy of using this guy? A vid demonstrating how it's done perhaps. I play 5 gold games today and I always get last place. Reegar is probably the only thing that I can kill things fast, but still, that doesn't help with the recharge at all. Or should I just equip a Katana and don't rely on weapons?

This is how you spec Kroguard:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/KroganBattlemaster/PAROQ/ReegarCarbine10AM5AL5////StructuralErgonomics5/

- Reegar X has 80 ammo in reserve by default, use thermal clips and shredder
- Keep biotic charging, except things that can sync kill you
- If you have to deal with phantoms, heavy melee and fry with the reegar
- You could use another shotgun like the piranha, but, the reegar works especially well because by the time it runs out of ammo, your biotic charge will have recharged, in my experience.
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#22KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:25:49 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
IMO, the best Kroguard build is a melee one, where you can extract without ever having to fire your weapon. Just charge, heavy melee, heavy melee, charge, repeat.

Yeah, that what I was thinking. I tried it on silver. Worked like a charm. Tried it on gold.... was desperate for the recharge to get back. I was all panicky and mashing the Charge button.

Bellethor posted...
Use a claymore

But isn't that worse for recharge in order to do the Charge?

deathscythe257 posted...
This is how you spec Kroguard:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Vanguard/KroganBattlemaster/PAROQ/ReegarCarbine10AM5AL5////StructuralErgonomics5/

- Reegar X has 80 ammo in reserve by default, use thermal clips and shredder
- Keep biotic charging, except things that can sync kill you
- You could use another shotgun like the piranha, but, the reegar works especially well because by the time it runs out of ammo, your biotic charge will have recharged, in my experience.

Thanks. I have the Thermal clips at IV and Shredder at V, so I think that's good enough. Don't have the Piranha or Acolyte (sp?), so I need to wait on that. I'll try to practice on the advice people have given me. If it still doesn't work, I'll probably do it later once I get a lighter weapon or ULW mods.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys.
#23BrucebeePosted 3/1/2013 3:29:00 PM

DONT do this because you can get insta killed easily during the heavy melee.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/qnmid1.jpg
"I will take what is mine with fire and blood."