You get LESS experience when soloing?

#1slotlockerPosted 3/3/2013 10:27:21 PM
Sorry for the newb question, I searched for xp and get a thousand threads on e"xp"losions, I searched for "experience" and got a thousand threads asking for my experience with "____"

I have played a fair amount of bronze and a few silver missions as a team and get about 170k per bronze and double for silver, just like everyone else seems to. Finally I completed a solo run, thinking I was going to get 4x the exp (or something good) and I received 100k! What gives? Are there less enemies with less players? It seemed about the same but that doesn't mean anything.

I worked my butt off thinking I'd get some sweet xp and money, and got less and took 10 minutes longer...
#2YamatoBeatsPosted 3/3/2013 10:29:21 PM
Another reason not to ever solo in this game. I would've never have known this, TC. Thanks.
#3dragon7x2kPosted 3/3/2013 10:30:08 PM
More players also mean more badges for each individual and the chance of reviving them for points.
---
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/dragonqki7/Forums/Bayonettasig.png
#4ClunyPosted 3/3/2013 10:33:23 PM
The only thing that affects the credits you get is difficulty, time bonuses for objectives, and a full extraction gives you a bonus pretzel.
---
I'm not giving you attitude I just want another drink; I don't care about the altitude I just want another drink.
#5DeimirPosted 3/3/2013 10:41:45 PM
slotlocker posted...
Finally I completed a solo run, thinking I was going to get 4x the exp

The amount of XP you receive at the end of a match is the combined point total of all four players. When there's more players around, more medals are (usually) earned which is why you got less when you completed by yourself.
---
"Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees."
#6Shigmiya64Posted 3/3/2013 10:41:59 PM
Yes, when a player helps you kill an enemy, or vice versa, the Assist Points the help gets plus the Kill points are more than when the enemy is killed by one guy.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 3/3/2013 10:43:40 PM
Why would you get more XP? Experience is shared, so when your teammates get points, you get those points too. So when bonuses come in like killstreaks or unknown map/enemy/silver challenge/etc, those are applied to the entire team and not just one person, resulting in more XP. Also, there are a lot more medals with more people.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#8YamatoBeatsPosted 3/3/2013 10:45:15 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
Why would you get more XP? Experience is shared, so when your teammates get points, you get those points too. So when bonuses come in like killstreaks or unknown map/enemy/silver challenge/etc, those are applied to the entire team and not just one person, resulting in more XP. Also, there are a lot more medals with more people.

He didn't know this, which is why he was asking in the first place. Don't be a dick.
#9GoldenSWarriorsPosted 3/3/2013 10:46:57 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...

He didn't know this, which is why he was asking in the first place. Don't be a dick.

I wasn't being a dick, maybe you just read it wrong. All I did was answer his question.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#10Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/4/2013 6:15:03 AM
I am also guessing in what order you kill enemies affects you points. For example in wave 5 you usually kill 2 Atlas mechs on Silver, but when you are soloing you will probably only kill one. Not sure how much this will affect final points but you'd think it wouldn't always end up being as much.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."