Carried a level 1 through platinum lately?

#1RophlecktuinePosted 3/4/2013 11:47:53 AM
Last night Wowbirdy, Dominion, and I opened our u/u/p lobby to pugs and got a level 1, regardless that he would be a liability, we took him anyways, and he won lots of credits on our account.

It was really fun watching him flounder in shock from all the stuff that happens in a random platinum match. Its also a reminder of how much practice we've had in the last year.

Moral of the story?
Not everyone is a jerk to new players, you can help improve their knowledge of the game if you take them w you, and if you are good enough to finish plat w three people, its actually pretty fun/funny.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#2KADFCPosted 3/4/2013 11:55:19 AM
How will they learn if all they do is run and die?
#3twinstarnumber1Posted 3/4/2013 11:56:36 AM
Very true, however one could argue that having a new lvl 1 thrown into plat isn't really the best way to have them learn. If they can't be effective with their weapons/powers and tactics , dying a lot, then they're not really learning as well as they would if they where on Gold or Silver.

Helping someone out if they show a wanting to learn is great fun, i've done it numerous times, as well as doing a hard difficulty with some sort of handicap placed on you. I wouldn't have taught a new person the ropes on Plat though.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#4sheepman23Posted 3/4/2013 11:58:30 AM
People carry me through Platinum all the time, because I suck...

That was a nice thing of you guys to do though.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5imthestuntmanPosted 3/4/2013 12:02:11 PM
When i was new a month after the game came out people helped me on bronze and silver to learn the ropes. I have done my share of paying it back on lower difficulties as well. But platinum is too hectic for a new person to effectively learn the ropes. And with what they have access to they wont ever have that click moment where they suddenly just start destroying stuff. Well they might, but it would take much longer.
#6Haley Joel OsmentPosted 3/4/2013 12:08:51 PM
I carried a BotB who might as well have been a level 1 earlier if that counts.

---
I see dead people.
#7Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 12:30:10 PM
imthestuntman posted...
When i was new a month after the game came out people helped me on bronze and silver to learn the ropes. I have done my share of paying it back on lower difficulties as well. But platinum is too hectic for a new person to effectively learn the ropes. And with what they have access to they wont ever have that click moment where they suddenly just start destroying stuff. Well they might, but it would take much longer.

They get to watch players on platinum, and they experience the teamwork .

the injection of credits also helps.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#8KADFCPosted 3/4/2013 12:40:16 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...

I did the same thing for gold matches, but I don't find it too helpful. If they had a split camera of all the active players on one screen, that would be better. Instead, I have to jump and shift back and forth to see where everyone's at. I wish they did that or gave a list of skills everyone was using.

Yeah, the credit does help motivate.
#9imthestuntmanPosted 3/4/2013 12:49:32 PM
KADFC posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...

I did the same thing for gold matches, but I don't find it too helpful. If they had a split camera of all the active players on one screen, that would be better. Instead, I have to jump and shift back and forth to see where everyone's at. I wish they did that or gave a list of skills everyone was using.

Yeah, the credit does help motivate.

You can look up other peoples set ups on their manifest. Just google mass effect 3 manifest to get there.
#10KADFCPosted 3/4/2013 12:54:55 PM
imthestuntman posted...
You can look up other peoples set ups on their manifest. Just google mass effect 3 manifest to get there.

True as that may be, I would rather game than go to the computer. Call me lazy ;)