Go with the flow or do your own? (Gold)

#1KADFCPosted 3/4/2013 1:20:14 PM(edited)
In most gold games, people tend to fill in their fill of bonuses (ammo/weapon/armor). Lately, I've been seeing a trend. When they don't equip any bonuses, they get a very low score (lower than 30K). I'm not saying that applies to everyone, but the majority

So as of right now, whenever I enter a game, I look at what they are using first. If I don't see anyone putting anything on, I don't put anything on as well. In my mind, why should I waste what I have if no one else is willing to use theirs?

Do you guys do the same or do you equip regardless if others do or not? I don't have a lot of bonuses to spend. So I think it's better to conserve. I have a lot of consumables (all 4 is over 150), so those I can use without the care in the world.
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 3/4/2013 1:21:53 PM
I have a near infinite supply of level 1 equipment so i will always equip something
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3perfect_generalPosted 3/4/2013 1:22:50 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
I have a near infinite supply of level 1 equipment so i will always equip something

Ditto. Or use garbage stuff like explosive rounds.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#4Haley Joel OsmentPosted 3/4/2013 1:22:54 PM
I usually just put on something useless like Explosive Rounds or an Adrenaline Module I to make it seem like I'm making an effort.

---
I see dead people.
#5KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:26:19 PM
My useless equipments are also low, so I can't even show an effort if I do that... how do you guys stock up on so much? Show me the light? Should I just keep buying Recruits and Vet packs?
#6deathscythe257Posted 3/4/2013 1:26:36 PM
KADFC posted...
In most gold games, people tend to fill in their fill of bonuses (ammo/weapon/armor). Lately, I've been seeing a trend. When they don't equip any bonuses, they get a very low score (lower than 30K). I'm not saying that applies to everyone, but the majority

So as of right now, whenever I enter a game, I look at what they are using first. If I don't see anyone putting anything on, I don't put anything on as well. In my mind, why should I waste what I have if no one else is willing to use theirs?

Do you guys do the same or do you equip regardless if others do or not? I don't have a lot of bonuses to spend. So I think it's better to conserve. I have a lot of consumables (all 4 is over 150), so those I can use without the care in the world.

Valid point, and what you said is true, especially since ammo mods more than anything increase damage... I used level IV ammo in a plat game, the highest everyone else had was level 3. I easily broke the lead. More damage = more points.

I generally equip based on what kit I am using. If its a non-weapons class (eg adepts), armor bonus, gear, and thats it. Then I check the game setting (cerberus, reaper, geth, unknown...) Then I also take into account what my team has, if no one uses high level equips, I use whats comparable. Finally, also depends on the difficulty I am playing. (ie I never use level IV in gold, but I will use level 1, 2, 3...)
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#7twinstarnumber1Posted 3/4/2013 1:28:03 PM
at the very least i'll equip an AP or Drill rounds 1 just to get the armor piercing for Guardians.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#8Mr_PipboyPosted 3/4/2013 1:29:19 PM
KADFC posted...
My useless equipments are also low, so I can't even show an effort if I do that... how do you guys stock up on so much? Show me the light? Should I just keep buying Recruits and Vet packs?

Store up 1,000,000+ credits, and then when going for the promotion challenge, just buy recruit packs. Once you max your commons and uncommons each one will give you a character card that will give you either 12,500 or 62,500 XP allowing you to rank up faster and store up a large amount of level 1 gear and consumables.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#9Cthe34TruthPosted 3/4/2013 1:30:48 PM
I only use equipment if at least 2 other people are (and one has to be the host), and I only use equipment as high as they're using.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#10sheepman23Posted 3/4/2013 1:33:13 PM
Sometimes I won't for the simple reason that I'm always very low on consumables.

Hopefully that will change once I max all of my Rare weapons though. It just sucks going into Platinum with a biotic character and not having a single Warp Rounds to slap on...
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342