I just soloed Gold with the Cabal

#1Jedi_MercenaryPosted 3/5/2013 5:50:33 AM
Now I know this doesn't mean much to someone who Drellguards solo Platinum, but I think it says for itself that the Cabal is good enough for Gold. While I can't say for sure that I couldn't solo with anybody, I at least know that with my skill level there are very few classes I'd be willing to try it with and I have previously only done this with a Ghost. I just can't understand how people find this class lacking. While I did the run in pretty optimal circumstances, this still proves that she is easily strong enough for my needs. Mostly needed medpacks because of my own arrogance and a 4 node hack in wave 6. It took me about 40 minutes and I had 2 missiles left (2 fired in wave 6 and 1 in 10)
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#2Havoc49JPosted 3/5/2013 6:03:36 AM
I find her lacking because of her low damage output. She has great survivability and mobility but not a good amount of damage to keep up with other classes. Essentially, I find myself taking greater risks to boost my damage output to keep up with my teammates.

As a soloist she's great, for objectives she's great, for revives she's great. For killing enemies to have a quick match time? She's not that great.
#3Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 6:10:09 AM
Coming from a Vanguard person this is just plain weird. The main reason I hate Vanguards is that they all lack bite. Her damage output is weaker than that of a Marksman or an Infiltrator, but Vanguards? Most of them hardly have anything that deals good damage.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#4Havoc49JPosted 3/5/2013 6:24:44 AM
I'll disagree that Vanguards are low damage classes. I have some hard data to back it up but I don't think it's really relevant to this topic.

That said, the Cabal has a drastically lower damage output compared to a Slayer, Drell, or a Novaguard without even accounting for poison strikes terrible hit detection. All of the above classes are also partially, or entirely AOE damage further widening the kill speed between the classes.

I love the Cabal and use it a lot on all difficulties, but I can expect to score 50k+ points less than the previously stated classes. Of course points aren't everything, but I feel that the cabals benefits don't out weigh its faults.
#5WatermelonFartsPosted 3/5/2013 6:29:15 AM
Havoc49J posted...
I'll disagree that Vanguards are low damage classes. I have some hard data to back it up but I don't think it's really relevant to this topic.

That said, the Cabal has a drastically lower damage output compared to a Slayer, Drell, or a Novaguard without even accounting for poison strikes terrible hit detection. All of the above classes are also partially, or entirely AOE damage further widening the kill speed between the classes.

I love the Cabal and use it a lot on all difficulties, but I can expect to score 50k+ points less than the previously stated classes. Of course points aren't everything, but I feel that the cabals benefits don't out weigh its faults.

nailed it
---
next guide: awakened collector (if i unlock him soon)
#6AllDay524Posted 3/5/2013 6:29:23 AM
Poisons are holding her damage output back significantly. It's a weak mechanic and half of her abilities revolve around it.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#7TheLast0neAlivePosted 3/5/2013 6:29:27 AM
I've been meaning to try a solo with her. I've dominated every match I've played with her so far, but then again, those matches were with randoms.

What map/faction did you do?
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#8Halo_ForeverPosted 3/5/2013 6:30:41 AM
Havoc49J posted...

I have to ask from where do you get your damage, since I find myself lacking it as well. Tried the Drell Vanguard build you had, but the Raider kept failing me big time (often leaving the dangerous burst fire enemies at one or two bars of health). When I tried the basic Kroguard build it felt rather good but still inferior to gun classes.

Charge Nova also seems a bit weak, especially against armored bosses, am I not stacking bonuses correctly?
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#9Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 6:34:17 AM
All of the classes you mentioned are about 4 times squishier than the Cabal at full strength, so if she outdamages them (which she easily does for me) she is pretty OP. Nova hardly does any damage, the Slayer is vulnerable when casting his shockwave (guess it is far better now because of Geth Scanner) and the Phase Disruptor is weak and horrible off host. The Drellguard has his grenades that have high potential damage but fly randomly, not to mention that he can't take out the full potential of the grenades at all.

Since the Cabal isn't as cooldown dependant (you only need Biotic Focus and it recharges fast) you can take heavier weapons (more firepower and a better DPS. Exception being the Drellguard, but he just isn't better than the Cabal). Since she is also far more durable she can stay in a fight longer (increasing dps) and she doesn't waste time charging around. She doesn't die instantly when some goes into stealth, pops a smoke grenade or when the Y-button feels like being its usual self. Oh, and for those who haven't noticed, Biotic Focus is an excellent reload canceller as well.
---
#10WatermelonFartsPosted 3/5/2013 6:38:09 AM
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
All of the classes you mentioned are about 4 times squishier than the Cabal at full strength, so if she outdamages them (which she easily does for me) she is pretty OP. Nova hardly does any damage,the Slayer is vulnerable when casting his shockwave (guess it is far better now because of Geth Scanner) and the Phase Disruptor is weak and horrible off host. The Drellguard has his grenades that have high potential damage but fly randomly, not to mention that he can't take out the full potential of the grenades at all.

Since the Cabal isn't as cooldown dependant (you only need Biotic Focus and it recharges fast) you can take heavier weapons (more firepower and a better DPS. Exception being the Drellguard, but he just isn't better than the Cabal). Since she is also far more durable she can stay in a fight longer (increasing dps) and she doesn't waste time charging around. She doesn't die instantly when some goes into stealth, pops a smoke grenade or when the Y-button feels like being its usual self. Oh, and for those who haven't noticed, Biotic Focus is an excellent reload canceller as well.

i'm not sure you have the proper experience to judge these classes if you honestly think these things

drellguard is a lot better than the cabal no argument
---
next guide: awakened collector (if i unlock him soon)