I just soloed Gold with the Cabal

#21manonfiyaPosted 3/5/2013 9:45:43 AM
I'm not going to touch on that Drellguard argument, pointless....but there was never a question as to whether the Cabal was Gold viable, anyone who questioned it simply can't play the class or the game all together.
#22Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 10:22:28 AM
sheepman23 posted...

Why does the Drellguard get a "hesitant check" for movement speed? He has one of the best dodges in the game. He has Biotic Charge, which offers extremely highly mobility.

The Cabalguard does not have high burst damage. Nightshade Blades are good, but weak in comparison to Clusters. And Poison Strike wouldn't be able to affect the broad side of a barn, whereas Charge will stagger enemies and offer up reliable damage in the process.

The "hesitant check" there is an honest mistake and false information. My apologies.

The Cabal has high burst damage. A rightly specced full Cluster Grenade has some of the highest burst damage in the entire game, especially on Barriers. Nightshade Blades doesn't need to surpass them to have good burst damage.

Poison Strike is completely worthless and should be skipped completely. If you are picking it, that is you problem with the Cabal

Anyway, I just played a Gold game with a punching Volus Vanguard. He didn't get as much score as the Cabal tends to get. Only possible conclusion: All Vanguards are always inferior to the Cabal. Now that I've scientifically proved that, we can get back to the actual topic:

The Cabal is viable on Gold. I don't know how many times I've seen posted here that the Cabal is fun but isn't good enough for the harder difficulties like Gold. If a character can solo Gold, it is Gold viable in my books. This will not come as a surprise to board regulars, but go to almost any Cabal thread and you will find someone mocking her power.

She might not be the right character for everyone, and I think she works really well for my particular playstyle (I don't move with a team, I don't appreciate splosions in the least on most classes, I tend to move around a lot, I have high weapon levels and a nearly inexhaustible supply of equipment)
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#23YamatoBeatsPosted 3/5/2013 10:52:30 AM
Doesn't like explosions, doesn't move with the team, doesn't like spawn nuking, thinks beating a (random) Volus Vanguard justifies everything he's said to this point. You're sounding more and more like a douchebag every time I see you post, brotimus.
#24WatermelonFartsPosted 3/5/2013 3:48:40 PM
Jedi I think you should really learn to play the game and all of the classes that you seem to be dissing because right now you just sound like some noob fresh out of silver acting like they know what they are talking about when they don't.
---
next guide: awakened collector (if i unlock him soon)
#25Gray_wolf1119Posted 3/5/2013 5:05:44 PM
Havoc49J posted...
Halo_Forever posted...
I have to ask from where do you get your damage, since I find myself lacking it as well. Tried the Drell Vanguard build you had, but the Raider kept failing me big time (often leaving the dangerous burst fire enemies at one or two bars of health). When I tried the basic Kroguard build it felt rather good but still inferior to gun classes.

Charge Nova also seems a bit weak, especially against armored bosses, am I not stacking bonuses correctly?

Human Vanguard

Charge
Base: 400 / 400 / 600 / 400
+30% Charge 3
+35% Alliance Training
+50% Power Amplifier IV
+12% Commando Package V
+40% Charge Bonus
=1068 / 1068 / 1602 / 1068

Nova
Base: 350 / 700 / 1050 / 700
+30% Nova 3
+40% Nova 4
+35% Alliance Training
+50% Power Amplifier IV
+12% Commando Package V
+40% Charge Bonus
=1074.5 / 2149 / 3223.5 / 2149

From a stand still with no Nova stacks putting your Charge cooldown at 3.08 seconds your powers only dps is:
695.6 / 1,044.48 / 1,566.72 / 1,044.48 aoe dps

After 30 seconds of Charge > Nova, putting your Charge cooldown at 2 seconds your power only dps is:
1,071 / 1,608.5 / 2,412.75 / 1,608.5 aoe dps

And these dps numbers aren't even counting your 1419.25 / 2128.88 / 2128.88 /1419.25 damage per shot Talon [no ammo] or the numerous fire/tech burst your doing on your own.

ps: forgot to add in +30% power damage with the new weapon mods.

If you use a pistol or SMG you can boost the damage further with the power magnifier mod.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#26Halo_ForeverPosted 3/6/2013 12:18:51 AM
YamatoBeats posted...
Doesn't like explosions, doesn't move with the team, doesn't like spawn nuking, thinks beating a (random) Volus Vanguard justifies everything he's said to this point. You're sounding more and more like a douchebag every time I see you post, brotimus.

A) He was the volus vanguard.

B) He was definitely being sarcastic there, in case PUNCHING Volus Vanguard bit didn't hint that to you. (It was pretty funny watching him Batarian melee Brutes to death with a Volus).

(Ps. for anyone calling him bad, his punching Volus beat the not incompetent Vorcha we had on our team).

As for spawn nuking, you don't see it as taking the easy way out as opposed to battling it out? Since when has the easy way been the skilled way? Jedi doesn't like spawn nuking because it denies him the fighting bit that he likes.

As for the explosions, he doesn't deny classes like the Valkyrie, Fury, Human Engineer and Paladin.

As for not moving with the team, unless he has a joke class like one focused on Lash Charge explosions*, he has no need to move with it, he tends to go down the least in almost any given match, while scoring the highest, reviving the most and finishing most objectives.

*and even then he usually tops the score board.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#27Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:17:12 AM
YamatoBeats posted...

My dislike for explosions comes from the old days. In ME2 it was a simple technique that took away smart power usage and replaced it with a simple one-two-punch. The explosions in ME3 didn't start out that great either in my opinion, but I must admit that they have become far more interesting later in the games lifespan. I also stuck to Silver a long time, where the splosions are very underwhelming compared to guns. I still don't like them too much, but they are a useful source of extra damage and a weapon to be reckoned with on something like the Fury, Paladin or Valkyrie. I use them on many other classes as well, but I really do prefer straight up firepower.

I don't move with the team since that usually means camping or a slow game. If a game gets tough, I try to give the team more backup. This also makes me think of one time where I used my OHK Volus where it didn't feel right to shoot things that were other peoples targets. I am fine with kill stealing one way or the other in this game, but since their shots never mattered then, since my Volus would have killed them with one shot anyway, it felt wrong making their shots pointless, especially since it wasn't exactly critical.

Spawn nuking is not the way I want to play the game. I don't care about the credits, but I will usually fight to the last to complete games, that is how I work. Taking the fun away from the game (firefights) by killing everything before it gets a chance to fight back is not the I think ME3 multiplayer should be played.

I was the random Volus Vanguard who zipped around the battlefield punching things. I actually came in second, but the truth is that I could have scored better with a gun Cabal. However, I never honestly meant that my punching Volus could scientifically prove crappiness of Vanguards everywhere. I have played them on Gold, I now they can get the job done. I still feel like I die more with them then with most others. Yes, it is probably often an operator fault, but since I very rarely see anyone who plays them better then me it kinda leads to me thinking most people simply can't take the most out of them. Personally I prefer the shield regen/DR anytime, anywhere in any circumstances of the Cabal to Charge that requires enemies, is hard to aim because of the Y-button (I prefer the Shadow for this reason alone) and forces you to come close to the enemies. It even likes missing for me. Don't think I'll bother arguing about the Vanguards too much more though, since I really believe it is a difference in what you want from a character. Getting close is a bad thing in my books, while someone else might see it as a good thing. Getting close is good if you have a Reegar or a Raider, but mostly I find it unhealthy.

One thing that makes me feel like a douchebag lately is reviving however. If I am playing a good class like Repair Matrixless AIU, I often notice that reviving is one of the main reasons that I die. I want to help people, but when it is someone who really can't carry their weight and I know I wouldn't actually need them, I find myself torn between just leaving them or doing the right thing. This is also one of the reasons I like survivors like the Cabal or Krogans. They have the shields it takes to revive someone even in heated firefights. I can usually hold my own with my Chargeless Drell Vanguard (actually one of my favorite classes) but there is little I can do when someone dies out in the open.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#28Jedi_Mercenary(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:09:49 AM
sheepman23 posted...
Also, the Cabal doesn't get stability increases off-host as far as I know.

I was in one of the most laggy lobbies I've seen, but my Hurricane had 0 recoil after I put on recoil control equipment III. They don't say how much they lessen recoil, but it shouldn't be 100% so the Cabal's Recoil Control seems to work off-host (as far as I know the new Turians should work the same way)
---