When should I start playing Silver?

#1Glockass1Posted 3/5/2013 1:22:00 PM
I've been playing the Singleplayer for some months now(I did not acquire the game legally). However, I have bought it now. So far I was lucky enough to get a N7 Crusader from the gift pack(not sure if it's common though) and I unlocked the Batarian Slasher Adept. I have maxed out Wrap, Cluster Grenade, Batarian Enforcer and have 3 points in Fitness. Only weapon mod I have is the Accuracy and weight mod for the shotgun. Is this character good for Silver?
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2MurphysGhostPosted 3/5/2013 1:26:09 PM
Probably.

Silver's significantly tougher than Bronze, but it's not something to be intimidated by.

Might as well give it a shot. Even if you're overwhelmed, if your team has at least 1 player that's half-decent they'll carry you through. Looking for people to carry you on Gold/Plat is kinda frowned upon but on Silver it really shouldn't be...
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3Safer_777Posted 3/5/2013 1:29:45 PM
I suggest after you have maxed 2 powers with every character.I started playing only Silver after 500 level myself.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#4DividerByZeroPosted 3/5/2013 1:33:15 PM
It all depends on what you can handle.

If you can handle Bronze pretty easily with randoms, then it's time to move up.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Borderlands 2
GT: TG Divider | NP: Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3
#5ClunyPosted 3/5/2013 1:40:47 PM
If you can beat the game on veteran or hardcore it's no problem, just have to play a little bit smarter.
---
I'm not giving you attitude I just want another drink; I don't care about the altitude I just want another drink.
#6Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 1:47:20 PM
Tried it. The N7 Crusader and the Cluster Grenades are effin strong. Got 69748 points and came second. First guy got 70978. Game is significantly more fun on Silver though.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#7blutoblutarskyXPosted 3/5/2013 1:51:36 PM
I tend to think silver is the most appropriate difficulty in theory because all the weapons are still effective (some less so) even the starting gear without using special ammo etc.

On gold many become irrelevant but still workable and platinum many legit weapons become a grind.

Also you don't have to pay too much attention on silver if you are multitasking.